What's new
What's new

OT- Suggestions for rollup door...to move with less resistance ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
The usual deal with chain to raise lower...as pictured...10 x 12 in this case. Tracks are not bent but door a bit difficult to raise and lower (and noisey as heck)....been that way for years but using it more now.... what might aid the sliding without attracting dirt...teflon tape ? special grease ? or ?

IMG_6137-1.jpg

If you are having difficulty, I would suggest reviewing the tension on the spring. The door should be relatively neutral for raise/drop if the spring has the correct tension. If there are gears, maybe some grease?

Accidentally turn off your security cameras and have someone that you don't know drive into the door and use the insurance money to buy a regular overhead door[and pay the 'strangers' bar tab

First, confirm the spring tension is correct. They fatigue over time and need to be tightened. Then clean and grease or oil the chain. I just wiped off the old grease and applied new grease to the lead screw in my door opener and it made a HUGE difference in sound.

Dont EVER use WD-40 as a long term lubricant.

True, do not underestimate the glue factor of old grease. Took apart a 50 year old window motor and the arm would not move in the channel[60s GM style]

fresh oil sped it right up

Back