What's new
What's new

OT.... thermite ... What happened to Bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was about fucking time. He was somebody that never made anything, never contributed anything to any post and just ran his mouth in some form of gibberish that never made any sense.

I suspect he is or was radiocontrolhead too. I think PM got tired of his trying to be the floating moderator and there were so many complaints he got banned. He had some goofy things now and then and I tried to laugh him off at first, but I know of 2 members who quit because of his constant badgering . He would comment in the rebuilding forum and it was obvious he had no clue. As SIP said he would jabber on about nothing and attack people. Some must have found it funny but I am sure more found it offensive. Last year I suspect he was Alex O who got banned too.

It may have been cute at one time, but when PM is selling advertising and has a reputation of quality information, guys like him and all his split personalities (names) clouding the airwaves with giberish or constant have to say something in every thread or having to be the last word to every conversation has put his antics on the PM shise list so I bet he will be good with his name Monarchist and who ever he pretends to be now. Have to almost feel sorry for someone who must be a lonely soul and PM seems to be his only interest.

Sometimes you don't have to wonder what happened, just say thanks, smile and be happy !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It may have been cute at one time, but when PM is selling advertising and has a reputation of quality information[...]

-Maybe at one time, but the only nod towards anything like "professionalism" is the automatic blocking of any mention of Asian or Atlas hobby equipment.

Don long ago ceded control of the Manufacturing section, allowing Monarchist, Miguels and a dozen others to turn it into a raging dumpster fire of antiAmerican shitpost-politics, and clearly no one's bothering to moderate anything here in General as well- despite Milacron's own sticky that says "Political and religious related posts will be deleted."

Hell, John Stevenson is still listed as the moderator of the CNC section, and he died eight months ago!

This place has become less "professional" than a Reddit thread about the health benefits of drinking bong water.

Doc.

I suspect he has a health problem.
I noticed that his contributions were getting more frequent and increasingly irrational.
I found plenty of increasingly deranged material on my own laptop.
I composed it myself.
I discovered this when I returned home after my second stroke.

He should vist a doctor PDQ.

The level of " banter " on here is just like most shops I worked in. Arguments could get heated in the canteen at lunch time. At least on here nobody gets asked to take a walk off company premises to sort things out.
I'm not a big fan of censorship. If you don't like what is being said by someone on a regular basis, just ignore them.

Regards Tyrone.

It was about fucking time. He was somebody that never made anything, never contributed anything to any post and just ran his mouth in some form of gibberish that never made any sense.
Could easily say the same thing about you. I have no idea about your background or profession, and you may well leave a trail of masterpieces in your wake every day for all I know. I probably do not frequent the same subs as you. But I don't remember the last time, if ever, that I saw YOU contribute anything useful to a thread. That is not to attack you directly, simply to state that in the here and now I don't consider you to be in a position to criticise the value of the input of others. I generally abhor the brigading against individual members that is not-so-infrequent around here. As adults and professionals we should all be able to share this resource with others that we dislike or disagree with, without constantly petitioning for their removal or celebrating their departure.

I don't think AlexO and Bill are the same, but he is Seamoss, Monarchist, Edwin Dirnbeck and Thermite.

R

He's also EmaunuelGoldstein. The guys multi personalities have multi personalities.

So far the good thing is they don't disagree with each other although a couple of times have talked to each other.

He's one of the members that could start each post with a "We" :)

... He was somebody that never made anything, never contributed anything to any post and just ran his mouth in some form of gibberish that never made any sense.
You exaggerate, obviously. The guy can write, and if one were willing to spend the time to understand what he wrote- sharp, bright, funny and erudite, too. And has an amazing memory, is one of the most widely read members on the forum with many more computer skills than almost all of us and has been a big help with forum problems. And if you've read a few of his posts through the years, you can pick up on what's happened in his life, where he's coming from and what he's like. Not too many like him in this world. I don't read everything he writes. I don't have time and there are things he writes about that don't interest me, just like a lot of other posters on this forum. I suggest that if you don't like his posts, put him on your ignore list, don't read him, read selectively, whatever. Fighting with him doesn't work (he's not unusual in that regard), so don't.
... I think PM got tired of his trying to be the floating moderator and there were so many complaints he got banned. ... .... clouding the airwaves with giberish or constant have to say something in every thread or having to be the last word to every conversation has put his antics on the PM shise list ....Have to almost feel sorry for someone who must be a lonely soul and PM seems to be his only interest.
You're sure he's banned? Speculation. You're a pretty frequent poster here too, Richard, and you might want to reread the thread where you attack Peter from Holland over a difference in approaches to a lathe rebuilding problem. Having the last word or spouting "giberish" is not unique to Bill. We're all flawed. Attacking folks is not the way to get the best from them.

Maybe he should write a book. Thermite for one chapter, Monarchist for the next, etc. Writes like a programmer though -- starting sentences with "Else, do whatever...". Easy enough to skip if you don't like it, but I usually don't mind. There are others that are on 'ignore', so things can be managed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back