What's new
What's new

OT For those interested ROBRENS has posted a new video on precision deburing

nakroth310

Plastic
Robin Rensitti posted a new video on Youtube about precision ground flat stones for stoning precision surfaces. I find that his videos are some of the best on Youtube for learning about precision techniques.

I watched Robin's video a month ago and found it informative and helpful. His reasoning made sense to me. It would be interesting to hear any reasoning that disagrees with his.

Connely has a section about grinding flat stones in his Machine Tool Reconditioning book circa 1955.

Then you should summarise it and do a Youtube video, and everyone will think you're the expert. Seriously. If I had more time/cared, I'd take all the old "From the inventors" segments out of 1930's PM magazines and start a "life hacks" channel. Then everyone would think I'm a genius for thinking up all these useful tricks. Emphasis on the 'hack'.

I didn't see where Rob said he invented it. In fact, he talks about a company that sells them.

He does sort of imply that these stones are capable of some kind of magical healing powers. They're just deburring stones...

I didn't see where Rob said he invented it. In fact, he talks about a company that sells them.

He does sort of imply that these stones are capable of some kind of magical healing powers. They're just deburring stones...

I didn't get the impression after listening to him that they had any type of healing powers, but I felt he explained it much better than stating "They're just deburring stones..."

I have yet to read anything that rolled off your keyboard as being as informative as even Renzetti's worst videos. :rolleyes5:

I didn't get the impression after listening to him that they had any type of healing powers, but I felt he explained it much better than stating "They're just deburring stones..."

I have yet to read anything that rolled of your keyboard as being as informative as even Renzetti's worst videos. :rolleyes5:

Cool deal bud. Thanks for posting.

Most everything Rob Renzetti has posted on YouTube is, in my opinion, well worth viewing whether the subject matter is relevant to my -particular needs or not (Kelvin connection of electronic instrumentation for example). He commonly works to more significant digits than I but his demonstrations and explanation is always simple, reasoned, and informative. There is always something to learn even at my ripe old age.

Those who sneer and scoff at laborers in other vineyards would be more productive if they focused on evaluating objective merit, enumerating and detailing perceived defects in fact, critiquing lapses in presentation instead of airing unearned malice and wanton prejudices.

I find all of Robin's videos to be quite informative. He speaks as though he is just narrating his actions. I detect no ego, snootiness or useta attitude. he is still actively working, and working to a greater accuracy than I have had to. I appreciate any one that is willing to give up free time to share the skills they have learned in this trade I love.

If you don't like it, don't watch it.

I have also found his videos to be very helpful. While I also don't work to nearly the level of precision that he does I like how he explains why he is doing it that way.

I found by knowing why he is doing something a certain way I can apply it to my more loose tolerance work and get better results because I actually know why something is doing what it is doing.

I have to admit I love those in depth explanations even if I will never need to hit numbers like that. I actually learn things. Always a good thing. I get some of the same stuff from Joe Pie's videos. Never too old to learn how things work.

Rob is a member at a couple of electronics sites I frequent as well. I always find his contributions to be well thought out, worthwhile and useful. Have had a couple chats with him via PM over the years at different sites and he seems to be a good guy to me.

I really like Robrenz. His work is very inspiring, and his explanations are superb! I really want to make a solid toolpost for my HLV lathe. I only wish he posted up more videos.

eKretz, could you post links to the electronics forums you mentioned? I would enjoy checking them out. Thanks!

All the best,
Michael

The one referred to in the subject of this thread is:

PRECISION GROUND TOOLROOM STONES
I describe/show where and how to use precision ground flat stones. Why these are an absolute must for working with high precision tooling. What makes them work and how to make your own your own set.
PRECISION GROUND TOOLROOM STONES - YouTube

This looke like a good source for stones to grind; these are Norton:
Norton Combination India Stone
Norton Combination India Stone
Item # NCMBN
Size 6" x 2" x 1" - $19.99

Typical PM disbeliever, these prescion stones worked great on magically healing my girlfriends flat footed corn problem :-) If i had used a typical stone who knows what would have gone wrong!

Back