OT--This tooling website tracks your visits and the IP address of your computer - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The web site can check the configuration of your browser (they need to to be able to do things like tailor the code to your brower, version or options selected).

There are so many options, that just by looking at all of them, they can tell when it's likely you when you go back in EVEN IF YOU DELETE YOUR COOKIES.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bosleyjr View Post
    Uncharacteristically snarky and mean-spirited adama. Having a bad day?

I'd argue that there's a lot of really intrusive, needless, paternalistic European law that probably are what cause the US sites to pop up all the cookie messages. Although we get them here, too.
    Nope last week was some what research intensive and involved double digit hours of trailing up very detailed tech info on wide format printers and the constant cookie warnings really started to get to me, hell if a euro MP had have walked into that room at that point, he would have been beaten to death with a keyboard and he would not have had to tick a fucking box to enter or get said beating. So yeah when some other pig ignorant moron starts moaning about something there totally clueless about as to how it works and how its invading there privacy, i much rather they fuck off back to there cave in the side of the hill than make me deal with ever more political bullshit that achieves nothing.