ot: Toy quadcopter recommendations?
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default ot: Toy quadcopter recommendations?

I've been eyeballing those quadcopters on utube that have the camera on them. How does that work? Does it film the flight and store it on a disc that you watch later, or are you looking at a monitor in real time? Are they somewhat dumbass proof to fly? What is a good brand?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    i_r_

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mini Multirotors - RC Groups

Best place i know for info on them, theres other forums there for the bigger ones. All depends on what you want to do with them. Me i wanted to go micro and just learn how to fly one first, got a hubsan x4 and added a micro hd camera. Now i can fly it, it sure would be ace to get something bigger that can lift a go pro sized camera.

There easy to fly compared to model heli's of old, but there by no means idiot proof. Maintaining orientation with all thoes axis of movement is hard, the actual copters are all multi axis gyro stabalised, so reasonably easy to fly even in a breeze.

Something small and cheap like the hubsan is a great starting point, even if just for a fortnight or so, sub $40 will see you flying for a while with one of these. Then spend some coin on something bigger. Hubsan will fly - hover for a good 6+ minutes on a rechargeable litium battery, buy a couple of cells for like $3 a piece and you can soon clock a few tens of hours flight time for peanuts. Then go bigger.

3. Likes i_r_machinist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the link!
    i_r_

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I got one of these for a birthday gift. I had mentioned that I wanted to get a copter for a camera. I didn't realize how expensive the ones for a go pro to fly outdoors are!
    I bought some spare batteries from Ares for it, and have been having a blast shooting video of the wife in the house.
    It took me alittle bit to get cordinated enough to fly it without crashing but I can do OK now. It has stood up to some pretty good crashes, even on concrete.
    Here is a review of one that will fly a go pro. He mentions at about 4 minutes a live feed to a pair of goggles that is available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

look up fps russia, quadrotor on youtube. Thats the one you want to get!