What's new
What's new

OT toys we may not really need

Forrest Addy

Diamond
Exercising the right of my gender, I was shamelessly channel surfing when I stopped briefly to watch a kid show morph into a lengthy series of ads: the first for a Barby gimmick. A plastic dog you fed a plastic treat to - and when the tail is worked the anatomically complete plastic dog exctretes plastic poo - which the plastic Barbie scoops with a plastic scooper.

I ask you: do we really need this level of instruction from a toy?

Gettin the kids ready for life in the real world.

The take home lesson in the Barbie pooping dog is no matter how good things are going, just around the corner is a big pile of S^%$.

I want to patent Barbies machinist boyfriend.

Comes with grease under the fingernails, smells like cutting oil, and when you shake him, chips get all over the carpet.

Yes I agree with you Forrest but I can only imagine the marketeers of that "toy" next move will show the dog barfing the treat back up just to show they can do it just one more bit.

Speaking of toys...

I saw a youngster the other day with a pair of shoes that had rollers in the heels. He could coast quite a ways by carefully balancing on the roller. He could stop almost instantly by raising or lowering his toes. They seemed to work really well on a smooth tile or concrete surface.

heelys-one-heel-up-girl.jpg

Roger

I suppose it is meant to educate would be dog owners to their responsibility when walking a dog in the city. Next will be an educational toy that demonstrates how to avoid VD.

I let my kid clean up after the real dogs. Apparently it's hours of endless fun.

When my daughter was three, I gave her a workbench and vise, hammer and an eggbeater drill. Tools are added each birthday and Christmas.

Lots of Barbies and such have gone to wherever they go; she still uses the bench.

Rob

It occurs to me that it may not have been an ad for a toy but rather a public service announcement designed to grab the kid's attention.

Kids are generally fascinated by anything that has to do with bodily functions.

I want to patent Barbies machinist boyfriend.
The "barbies" of the world don't date machinists. The machinist of the world are usually fine with someone a little more down to earth.... ;)

....which is one of the prime purposes of toys.
The prime purpose of a toy is to make stockholders smile at the quarterly meetings... :(

Next will be an educational toy that demonstrates how to avoid VD.
I thought Ken and Barbie were already designed that way... :D

Text to the ad:

Did you know Barbie® doll has a dog named Tanner™? This pooch is has a mouth, ears, and tail that move with your help! You can even “feed” Tanner dog biscuits! After the pup goes potty, just clean up with a special trash can and magnetic scooper. Good doggie!
....Definitely a shop dog if you can use a magnetic scooper....

Instead of a VD doll, they need one that gets knocked up if you sleep with it and costs you about $40K a year for the next 18yrs to support a family, then another $100K to put the kid through college. Now THAT would be a useful educational toy for the kids of today.

re, roller sneakers. A while back my Wf and I took her cousin and 12 year old nephew with us to the Guggenheim Museum in NYC, you know the spiral ramp designed by Frank Lolyd Wright. we got to the top of the ramp and Alex took off down the ramp in his roller shoes! pretty funny, FLW wouldn't had thought so, he had no sense of humor.

Jackal,

So funny I sprayed coffee all over my desk!
:D :D :D

surplusjohn,
Those dam roller shoes should be outlawed! I walk with a cane, I can't count the number of times I have been bumped or almost knocked down by kids in stores. The problem is they move too fast to smack with my cane.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Jackmo

I was thinking more of a little device which would shoot small pelets not enough to kill just enough to leave a mark & let them know they were hit!!

Might be a good project for the winter.

Jackmo

Back