OT - USA F-15's having a little fun in Wales - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    You're only 63? Somehow I got the idea you went back to the Norman invasion, and had built armor for Duke William...
    That was a previous incarnation.

2. Likes Milland liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You're only 63? Somehow I got the idea you went back to the Norman invasion, and had built armor for Duke William...
    Oh I like you,I am going to pay for that all weekend but it's worth it.
    He is not speaking to me now, that's another bonus.

4. Likes Milland liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There should be a lot better moderation of these O.T Cock slapping posts. Not one iota of manufacturing content.

Surely you blokes can find Social media, to discuss old planes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Oh I like you,I am going to pay for that all weekend but it's worth it.
    He is not speaking to me now, that's another bonus.
    Back to work littlun, .........or have we got to have another deep and meaningful conversation?

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Got it. Must explain why China is spending all that money
    As in, they have increased to one-fifth of what the US spends annually. That's 20%, if your long division is lacking.

Umm, no. If they were useless, China would have continued it's policy of building up it's manufacturing base
    Their manufacturing base is already bigger than demand. You guys are already screaming bloody murder about that, "these low costs are due to overproduction" ... What do you suggest they do, start small steel foundries in every back yard ? More whorehouses ? Another couple hundred thousand KFC's ? We've already got more dumbass public works projects than you can even imagine. Every week they tear down another ten blocks just so they can put it back up again.

leaving Defense at a maintenance level.
    It is at maintenance level, for a country with 1.2 billion people. Do you have any idea what the army is for in China ? If you can't get a job, you go in the army. When there's floods, they use soldiers for sandbags. When there's an earthquake, they send the army to dig it out. Have you ever seen any PLA guys ? About half are about thirteen and weight ninety-seven pounds. And the other half wears miniskirts. In a fight between the taxi drivers and the army, I'll put ten on the taxi drivers. You're nuts. Really.

They don't have unemployment in China. They have the PLA.

Answer: They're not useless. China has ambitions, it's in expansionist mode, and what they can't take by intimidation they will by force.
    You've gotta quit taking whatever that is. Is there room under that bed for your laptop and all ? Milland, this is beyond stupid. It's been 2,000 years since China had an army worth a shit. "Take it by force" you're crazy.

Not trying to be rude, that's a rational observation. I'm not saying they are angels but physical force is not their style. Hasn't been since the Tang dynasty. There's 1,500 years of history behind that statement.

Also, Mr Milland Sir, Donald Trump is in charge of the US military. After two years we have seen no opposition from Congress. None at all. Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside ? Do you think the rest of the world should just sit back and watch this bozo without protecting themselves ?

(To be fair, there was no opposition from Congress over Obama's wars, Bush'es invasion and the Patriot Act, or the Clinton wars and bombing campaigns either. But Trump has made it glaringly obvious how ball-less Congress is.)

And don't bother apologizing about the OT subject and "drift", you started the thread specifically for this purpose and baited me. That's fine but don't bother to play dumb. We aren't all crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in SoCal View Post
    Manny Moss,

You like em P-38's, my dad flew an F5 in the Pacific.
    I do think the 38's are pretty, and they look very graceful in the sky, but the coolest (imo) is the P-61. Super spiffy aeroplane. Round engines, too

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Moot point, ...let's just say that having arrived on this mortal coil in 1955, so lived through the cold war etc etc ;- with Berlin only 500 odd miles from my back door, ...... I FEEL safer just knowing they're there.
    Where one stands on the issues often depends on where one sets in the room(world). Having an in-law aunt who grew up in London during the Blitz, hiding in subway tunnels and developing a severe case of claustrophobia, I agree with Sami's view point.

I grew up under the flight path between Wichita's McConnell and SAC Command's Offutt in Omaha. Occasionally the B52s would come over so low the first indication they were around was a shadow, and then before I could even look up the noise would hit me. The overflights caused goosebumps on several occasions.

9. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

F15's always fly in pairs reasonably high where I live. Last week four flew over the house at no more than 200 feet, certainly woke me up. They quite often dog fight but only at a good height. I live beside a river and have seen four Hercules flying along it so low they must have been fishing or testing their qualities as submarines. Chinooks seem to be copying them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I live on top of a hill in Wales, low is exactly what it is, I often get a wave
    Mark

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As a teenager I used to look out of the front bedroom window of the house onto the roofs of RAF C130's.

A few years ago we (and much of England from Lincolnshire to Somerset) were a bit shook up when a Eurofighter typhoon went past at full chat, ignoring the normal custom of staying subsonic over land. A private helicopter had dialed up the 'I'm being hijacked' transponder code by mistake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Where I am overlooking The Bristol Channel they often go supersonic, double boom as well, they can certainly shift gear.
    Vulcan flying past was awesome, tomcats in pairs, big buggers them, always a polite wave before sticking the afterburner on.
    Not so common as it was due to the raf base closing.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Still my favorite aircraft low pass video.

The Original Spitfire Surprise Low Pass - YouTube

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    Still my favorite aircraft low pass video.

The Original Spitfire Surprise Low Pass - YouTube

Steve
    Thanks for that! I've seen the part of the video with the low pass before, but never the text or the still image. You've got to love AdC's reaction, I would have needed brown pants after that...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Me Too. Like the time I was riding my bicycle down a road and as a pickup overtook me the dog in the back very carefully waited until the right moment and went WOOF right in my ear. Damn near fell off the bike.

Steve

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Never thought this would be useful again but I remembered some pretty impressive film from a while back, went and found it ...

makes your heart go pittypat with patriotism

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd much rather see all those useless engineers and factory workers who make airplanes laid off and the money spent on something really heartwarming like giving free food, cigarettes, beer, condoms and clean needles to welfare recipient heroes who have struggled with drugs their whole lives. In fact, if we laid off those airplane people in a couple years they might be on the dole themselves. I didn't manage to mention votive candles, hot glue guns, hemp, soccer (the real football),artists, the fanatical love of dogs, and concerts but please consider that I did.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    I'd much rather see all those useless engineers and factory workers who make airplanes laid off and the money spent on something really heartwarming ...
    Or they could pay off the national debt, which Paul Ryan and the fiscal conservatives assure us is going to bankrupt the economy long before we ever see a dime from all the money we've paid all our lives ...