OT- Using E10 fuel in lawnmower - Page 6
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Michiganbuck wrote:
    "Guess we need corner guards at every corner to hand walk people across the street because they think they can walk any time with their eyes closed."

Nope. Not the reason. Folks driving about 40 thru school zones while texting is the reason.

Sadly, most of them are on the way to pick up kids at the school, or trying to get home before the kids get home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm not sure of cross walks but I just read about Bob Reeves - Glacier Pilot. When the military leaded av gas was all they could get during the war, the lead was fouling the old engines so badly the valves wouldn't seat properly and would burn up the valves. I through experience have found that alcohol in our modern small engines isn't good as most would agree or at lest we believe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TDegenhart View Post
    Good luck finding E-0. I believe everything is E-10 where I live, at least I haven't anything else. Small engine repair shops are doing a booming business in new carbs. I needed a new one for my new Briggs and Stratton all plastic carb engine. Supplier is backed up two weeks.

Tom
    I have that free mower with the plastic B&S carb. It is the easiest thing to clean out ever! take it off, unscrew the bowl, then pop out the plastic jet, pop out the sub-part from the jet assy, and everything is right there easy to clean. Pops together and installed inside of 10 or less minutes from starting the job..

yes, it's a pain to do, but the last two times have been for actual crud in a jet, and not for any gasohol problem. The mower needs a fuel filter.
    I