What's new
What's new

K-F products milling attachment for Bridgeport type mills, info needed

cyanidekid

Titanium
hi, I just landed an odd Bridgeport mill accessory and am looking for information on how and when it is used. I know its a BP accessory because the package had a picture of it on one, but it was mold caked, so I didn't take the styrofoam package. internet search comes up with nothing, anyone ever seen/used one? thanks in advance, cheers!

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

I believe its a speeder, to use with shanked grinding tools. Clamp to quill, mount the drive sprocket in the spindle,fit a grinding tool in the end sprocket at the end. Much cheaper then a Volstro speeder.

I bought the same attachment thinking you could get into a internal bore and mill keyways with it. It's viable, just never have tried it. Mine did not come with any instructions, do have the styrofoam box it came in, though. I'm slightly disabled until I recover from my hp replacement. Later I can look and see if there is anything else I can offer. Oh, had to buy all new timing belts, they are standard and available. one more thing, it's not a speeder, I think the highest ration is like 4:1, so you could get up there around 10K RPM. The bearings are nothing special, just off the shelf variety. Ken

thank you all for the replies, it seems like a "reach in' sort of proposition. ill take it for the cost of going to the closed shop, and waiting for the auction guy to show up. bottom feeders territory!

I bought the same attachment thinking you could get into a internal bore and mill keyways with it. It's viable, just never have tried it. Mine did not come with any instructions, do have the styrofoam box it came in, though. I'm slightly disabled until I recover from my hp replacement. Later I can look and see if there is anything else I can offer. Oh, had to buy all new timing belts, they are standard and available. one more thing, it's not a speeder, I think the highest ration is like 4:1, so you could get up there around 10K RPM. The bearings are nothing special, just off the shelf variety. Ken

hi Ken, if not too much trouble, can you take a picture of the box cover and post it here? it would be useful for everyone to get an idea of this accessory in use. thanks!

Sorry it took so long to reply to this thread. I've been recovering from my hip joint replacement. I am back to being myself again!
I had a hard time finding this thread under the name "AEON" instead of "K & F Products". One must of sold out to the other.
Do have a picture of the two page instructions and parts list for this attachment. As for how to use it, I look at it as a way to get up inside a bore or obstruction that normally can't be access by general milling setup. I haven't used this attachment since I bought it several years ago. Just thought it was cool and bought it.

Attachments

• 20191123_124356_resized.jpg
    20191123_124356_resized.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 20191123_124527_resized.jpg
    20191123_124527_resized.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 20191123_124547_resized.jpg
    20191123_124547_resized.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 143
Over on his featherweight straighedge thresds, dgfoster shows a similar attachment he made for the specific purpose of working in a recess under an overhang.

Back