OT, Water Well Drilling - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Danny D------Beware Mother Nature. You mention that no well drillers will attempt a well in Jefferson County, Ky. Why not? Best find out why. Better yet, visit with well owners, educate yourself on any wells drilled nearby, their histories, their shortcomings, the drillers themselves.

"Good wells make good news", and anyone with a story will be happy to pass it on. Sufficient water for a one family residence, from a well drilled through limestone is going to be stretching the imagination. Expecting to drill into a water bearing sand/gravel matrix below some magic depth figure really stretches the imagination, if surrounding experiences point othersise.

I've no arguement with your ability to put down a hole, but don't argue with Mama Nature.

Jose

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are a lot of hassels a comercial driller would have to go through to drill a water well in my county. There are good wells close by. My aunt has one about 1/4 MI down the road. She said I could have that one... 'just come and get it!'. One big cost with the cable tool would be the drill string. I do have a nice 5" button bit with a 1 5/8" x 2 5/8" thread. I would need the cable, rope socket, mandrel, 14' stem, bailer, drive clamps, wrenches, maybe some jars and so on. By the time I get all this together plus put the rig back into condition I could afford to pay a driller a premium price, if I can find one. I may only drill two or three wells at most. Also the cable rig is a small homemade one from about the fiftys. Im afraid it may not have any resale value. I could get the rotary built for about $1000.00. I talked to two rotary bit suppliers today. One said a small rotary rig would drill through limestone, the other said dont even try. Thank you all for the great posts. Please keep them comming. Danny

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Try these guys for waterwell drilling equipment:

www.kingoiltools.com

the George E Failing Co

http://www.gefco.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A better company for someone small

http://www.deeprock.com/

I have helped run one of there small rigs that had been modified for core drilling.

The one i helped on was a DR100 with a high speed power head made by another company after the mod we told deep rock what we had done a they sent one of there reps out to see it. As i under stand they had other exploratory companys that were looking for that kind of rig for helicoptering in to remote locations.
    Our modifications also let us tilt the boom to 45 degs for angle holes.

Country
    INDIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For borewell pipes you can trust Vinyl Pipes India. They offer the best uPVC Casing pipes and uPVC Column pipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by borewellpipes View Post
    For borewell pipes you can trust Vinyl Pipes India. They offer the best uPVC Casing pipes and uPVC Column pipe.
    Where on earth have you been? I have been looking for you since 2007.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wonder if they offer free shipping to Norfolk.

Paul

8. Likes camscan liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by borewellpipes View Post
    Tell us why?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Back east not so much but in the west putting in a well is a big legal situation. You have to seal the aquafier so that no surface water can contaminate it. Do you have legal rights to your ground water? How much seniority do those rights have? Just because there is water under your property does not mean that you own any rights to that water or any other mineral rights which may have been sold separately from the surface rights. Since you are in Kentucky it could well be that any coal was sold out from under you already.
    Bill D

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Man am I glad I live where I do. Want a well? Make a call. Guy comes by about 0700. Packs it in by 1600. Sticks your check in his pocket and says enjoy your well as he drives off. Water quality is a crap shoot though. May have iron, maybe sulphur, maybe both, maybe hard, maybe not. My house well is 110', water level about 20'. Dead soft and a taste folks remark on. OTOH I had a well drilled for a pond about 300 feet away. Guy stopped at 150' and 50 GPM. Next day the hole collapsed. He redrilled. It collapsed the next day. Ended up at 350' with 120' of steel casing (ouch) and 8 GPM.
    Ended up pumping water 1500' from the creek to keep the pond filled.
    I sure do enjoy the pond though...........Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I hadn't seen this old thread before. its amazing the differences in drilling conditions across the country and the legal requirements. we put in 61 wells last year and still use the cable on the tight back yard wells that the rotaries and service truck will not fit in. I do charge a premium, a little less than double per foot for running it tho, the cable tool is brutal work and a guy can only get in about 40' a day with casing. of course it only burns 5 gallons of gas a day to though and maintenance is 3 percent of gross rather than 15%