Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by atomarc View Post
    Sort of a strange title..hope it makes sense.

I'll be 73 in a few months and have lost any semblance of a waist years ago. Belts have worked OK but now gravity is winning the battle of the drawers and I am in the market for suspenders...I think!

I have tried suspenders before and they bugged the hell out of me, mashing on my shoulders the way they do. Granted, I haven't given them a fair chance but wonder if there is a better style or a better way to hold my jeans up short of stapling them to my ass.

Are there alternatives to suspenders or are there better styles or brands of suspenders?

Stuart
    Suspenders are a good option. You can buy them at Walmart and online too. There are many different types. Using them the first time note some differences that for example a clip style needs a good grip and so avoid plastic contact clips. They vary in that some are completely elastic whereas others are elastic on the backside going down from a leather point where the straps connect.

In your case it is a great move to use them. Also fact is that they are good to use even if you have your rear end return home one day. ��Old timers are good to just ask about the topic when you run into them. They are comfortable and any discomfort from clamps is easily adjusted.

3. Likes atomarc liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheels17 View Post
    No direct experience myself, but there are suspenders that clip on the sides of the pants rather than front and back. That is supposed to put the pull of the suspenders along an axis that doesn't change length as you bend and move. This eliminates sliding and tension buildup.

No association with this outfit, but I've always been happy with their products:

Men's Suspenders | Duluth Trading Company
    Those are a option yet Infound they do not hold the pants up comfortably. It is better to start with the old style.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree with doing crunches..I had to go back to my barbells because of having trouble pulling my snow machine pull rope. Three month light workout and my gut and arms are much improved,
    Yes my buddy went out and bought a $10k machine with electric start..

My old snow 1994 machine looks like this but with a fish box on the back.
    Tundra snow machine photo - Google Search

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sort of a strange title..hope it makes sense.

I'll be 73 in a few months and have lost any semblance of a waist years ago. Belts have worked OK but now gravity is winning the battle of the drawers and I am in the market for suspenders...I think!

I have tried suspenders before and they bugged the hell out of me, mashing on my shoulders the way they do. Granted, I haven't given them a fair chance but wonder if there is a better style or a better way to hold my jeans up short of stapling them to my ass.

Are there alternatives to suspenders or are there better styles or brands of suspenders?

Stuart
    For most people at the point of using suspenders just finding one’s a** is a top priority. One can ask around to know if anyone has seen the a** and where it may be camping out. With mine after I got some suspenders I found it easier when I lost all the excess weight. Suspenders allow you the prospect of not having to buy a bunch of pants when you are losing weight. The suspenders allow you more time before you will want to buy new pants with the smaller waist.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MrSteve View Post
    Man boobs?!?
    I think it is a rear replacement he is referring to.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are there alternatives to suspenders or ?
    Yeah, a pre-mature retirement from the living. Cut any soft drinks, beer, and bread.
    Ask yourself (when you open the fridge door) "Do I really need this?

I got acquainted with a hose and fitting shop owner who was really heavy. One night I saw him at Trader Joes buying a case of this Tea-java drink.
    He said that he loves the drink and buys it all the time.

My favorites are Root Beer and Dr. Pepper. When I go to the local industrial supply they have a refrigerator filled with drinks. I usually drink a
    cup of their coffee but sometimes I go for the Root Beer. I don't buy the stuff because it makes me gain weight.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Drill and tap a hole in each hip, install stainless Helicoils, and bolt them on. Gives you the option of changing pants, unlike staples.

10. Likes atomarc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by David J. View Post
    Bond some Velcro to the top part of where your ass used to be.
    Sew a strip to your jeans.
    Hey we're here to help!
    David
    They do sometime sew a button there to hold the clothes in place on a body for an open casket funereal.
    Bill D.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like you have dunlops disease. Cure is simple eat less and exercise more.