What's new
What's new

OT : what is this kind ribbed hose sheathing called and where to find it?

Spud

Diamond
OT : what is this kind of ribbed hose sheathing called and where to find it?

Commerical Vapor steam cleaner hose. Not sure if replacement hose sold anymore, and even if it is it would be several hundred $.

I only need to replace the gold colored outer sheating as the rest of the hose and handpiece is fine.

There is no water or steam leakage because there are 2 seperate interal hoses that carry steam and detergent.

Is there a specific name for such a sheating for such steam / high temp applications? I googled and found ribbed sheating but they are PVC. This is some kind of rubber, and is pretty flexible.

cracked-steam-cleaner-hose.jpg

steam-cleaner-hose.jpg

steam-cleaner-handpiece.jpg

steam-cleaner.jpg

Diameter? looks kind of like vacuum cleaner hose. I think it was installed before the fittings. Going to have to use sprial cable loom if you do not take off one fitting.
Bill d

Diameter? looks kind of like vacuum cleaner hose. I think it was installed before the fittings. Going to have to use sprial cable loom if you do not take off one fitting.
Bill d

Diameter: about 1"

I found some EPDM rubber ribbed hoses online but their temp range is from -40 to 140 F. The boiler temp of the steamer is 330F. I don't know the temp of the steam as it exits the nozzle, but both the hose and handpiece get hot after long use.

Commerical Vapor steam cleaner hose. Not sure if replacement hose sold anymore, and even if it is it would be several hundred $.

I only need to replace the gold colored outer sheathing as the rest of the hose and handpiece is fine.

There is no water or steam leakage because there are 2 separate internal hoses that carry steam and detergent.

Is there a specific name for such a sheathing for such steam / high temp applications? I googled and found ribbed sheathing but they are PVC. This is some kind of rubber, and is pretty flexible.

cracked-steam-cleaner-hose.jpg

steam-cleaner-hose.jpg

steam-cleaner-handpiece.jpg

steam-cleaner.jpg

I don't see the images on Firefox or Chrome, unless I grab the URL of the image and look directly.

McMaster has lots of steam-rated rubber hose types.

McMaster-Carr

Not getting the problem - I'd just run it and put on a pair of mittens, but maybe I'm missing something.

The outside of the hose/spiral wrap gets too hot? Wrap with leather or any material capable of resisting 330 deg F?

Back