What's new
What's new

OT - where to turn 3 pieces of steel or brass in Toronto, ON (GTA)?

eugenep

Plastic
This is my 1st post on the forum... I read the rules and marked this topic "OT" but still not sure if it is allowed...

I'm looking for someone or some machine shop in Toronto, ON (GTA area) to make 3 pieces turned of steel or brass. The exact type of steel is not important, my hobby is leathercraft and these parts will be used for leather burnishing. A high carbon steel may mark leather, I'd prefer tool steel, stainless steel or brass.

I'm looking for a least expensive option. Please let me know if you could recommend a place or you could make these 3 pieces. PM me if that type of recommendation is not allowed here.

The drawing (link to the photo in Google album):
Shared album - Eugene Pik - Google Photos

In regards to the tolerances, only important is the 1/2" diameter - it will fit on the motor shaft; also the grooves (from 3 to 10 mm), their width is +/- 0.25 mm
Any other dimension may be +/- 3.0 mm

I would need to measure the shaft of the motor precisely.

The surface quality - only important are the grooves (from 3 to 10 mm) and the 70 mm diameter - these should be smooth, and if possible polished. These will be used to burnish leather. All other surfaces are not important.

The metal units will replace the wooden one mounted on the right side of this grinder (link to the photo in Google album)
Shared album - Eugene Pik - Google Photos

Regards,
Eugene

Post probably would do better in the commerce section

If your looking to reduce the cost think about deleting the recesses on the sides of the parts
Not that its a hard detail to do, but it will add to the cost.

Back