Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

These ones are great!

http://sevenmilecreek.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post
    one thing you fellows from Blighty may not understand- an incredible number of US workers wear shorts and t shirts in the shop.
    Oddly enough that was what i wore for a good 8 months of last year, heavy denim cargo shorts, long sleeve tee shirt and a heavy cotton canvas apron a customer had given me. All told its what im going to be in probably in a few months time till November time again, was cool and comfy + the apron kept all the grinder sparks and swaf off me brilliantly. I like the look of the back of that park tool apron too, the strap around your kneck is not comfy especially once you get a stray chip in it!

Boiler suits are hot and uncomfortable + restrictive, great if your crawling around shit, but working at a bench - machine were your standing or seated, apron works just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have to say I also prefer the Park Tools apron. They make 2 different versions.

Site Search | Park Tool

They are "short" for some people, but if you're only 5' 8" like me they fit just fine. I have tried over a dozen different styles and brands over the years and keep going back to the Park Tools products. I like the fact that they are above my knees. Try kneeling down one time with an apron that's below the knees. Once your knees hit the floor the apron is trapped and it's almost impossible to stand up without going through gyrations.

Even the ones from the unmentionable HF aren't bad. I bought 3 of them a while back when I had a particularly nasty job. The original intent was to buy something cheap and disposable. I did destroy one and threw it in the trash. I still have the other 2 and they are alright considering they cost less than $2.00 each. I do use them when I have to clean filthy parts before repair. I don't feel bad when they get greasy and nasty. I just give them the heave ho. I wouldn't feel as comfortable doing the same thing with one of my Park Tools aprons at $25.00 a piece.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

don't wear the dickies one's in the shop!!!!! they are polyester and crazy flammable.
    you need cotton or leather for a shop apron, to me leather is just way too much in the shop so denim it is.

i've tried a bunch of different ones and wound up finding these a few years ago and love them.
    McMaster-Carr
    very affordable at $8 each, well made out of a nice cotton denim material, not cheap like horror fright ones but not too heavy, comfortable, swing bib pocket and deep waist pocket.
    i 'customize' ours with a wider cotton neck strap and snaps on both the neck and waist ties for the off chance that it gets caught in a piece of spinning machinery.
    i also add a pocket knife holder with a few grommets and make the one big waist pocket into two or three smaller ones with a few grommets at the top.
    they are the nicest ones i've found for the price, cheap enough to buy a new one every 6 months or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone for the info on aprons. I liked the looks of the Park apron and looked at their distributors and found out that they are sold through bicycle shops. Went to the local bicycle shop today and tried on the owners apron and liked it very well with the swing bib and lots of waste pocket space. He didn't stock them but ordered me one for $25.00. Should have it in a couple of days.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I use the cheap approach: Grizzly or Enco denim aprons for about $4-$5. I expected them to wear out after only a couple of months, but the things are surprisingly durable. Watch out: the pocket bottoms are usually unsewn (surprise!); I had my wife fix mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a few Arkwright coats-largely a matter of personal preference I suppose

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi,
    I think This apron suits for your requirement
    https://bit.ly/2yg7NRu

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

you have to be very careful with loose clothing around a lathe, a fellow i used to work with got caught up in the feedscrew of a lathe wearing a toolmakers coat only thing that saved him was another fellow who happened to be close by and was able to shut it down without injury.
    The fellow was unable to shut the lathe down himself it could have gotten really messy very quickly.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vanguard machine View Post
    you need cotton or leather for a shop apron, to me leather is just way too much in the shop so denim it is.
    I'm easily as much concerned with grease, oils, paints, solvents, cutting fluid, coolant splash, caustic or acidic cleaning and other offensive liquids as hot chips or grinding sparks.

Anything readily permeable - worse, yet, HIGHLY absorbent - rules out denim. Leather, for me. Sprayed with a repellent topping, even so. I'm a long way from California's Cancer zone.

Admittedly cheap-arse and of known limited life vs a proper blacksmith or forge hand's "real" one. OTOH, light and flexible "enough" is good enough. Stains? So what?

Grainger/Zoro carries a split-leg welding apron I just ordered another of. Just under $31 with tax & shipping. Prolly good for six months or so.

Annnnnnd I have LOTS and LOTS more uses for scrap leather, even crap leather, than I have for scrap cotton!

Pockets? Just me, and the habits of reach-for, but I always preferred those BEHIND an apron. Never ON it.

Just keep an eye out for short-sleeved shirts with TWO breast pockets, rather than one, and put the rest at waist-level and below.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kevin View Post
    Hi,
    I think This apron suits for your requirement
    Comic-Con 218: Homer Can Eat All The Food | THE SIMPSONS - YouTube
    Dredged up by a spammer.....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Dredged up by a spammer.....
    "Payback" is to do sumthin' useful with it, anyway and leave the touted product in the dust, spammed link not "clicked" atall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know this is an old thread but I'll share the fix for keeping your scale when you bend over. that drove me crazy . take a dime size neodidly magnet and a piece of hockey tape and tape the magnet on the inside of your apron backside of scale pocket.. it will give just enough hold.
    Last edited by Bluejeep; 10-09-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi
    I used to wear an apron until it got caught in the lead screw and started pulling me in.
    Now I wear overalls.

Dazz

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was really impressed by this Texas Canvas Wares apron i have been through quite a few aprons and this is the best i have seen so far. It has the best quality and durability I have ever seen for this kind of apron. Products – Texas Canvas Wares
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails front_.jpg   back.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by yswoodworks View Post
    I was really impressed by this Eat Spam And Die apron i have been through quite a few aprons and this is the best i have seen so far.
    When The Levee Breaks - Dark Remaster - YouTube It has the best quality and durability I have ever seen for this kind of apron.
    I wondered when Nicole or Kathy was gonna come back...You all
    will note their spamming posts have slid down to page 2.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wondered when Nicole or Kathy was gonna come back...You all
    will note their spamming posts have slid down to page 2.
    Nah. Just test marketing for the next site revision.

Replacing the home page with the Harbor Freight Catalog.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Nah. Just test marketing for the next site revision.

Replacing the home page with the Harbor Freight Catalog.
    Hey !

HF sells Left hand drill bits, and they are open on Sunday till 6:00 pm

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey !

HF sells Left hand drill bits, and they are open on Sunday till 6:00 pm

"Sunday?" Why wait?

It is starting to rot yer brain, this spam is, Dug.

It ain't even FRIDAY yet, this week. And you KNOW it is an emergency purchase worth half a tank of fuel and the burn of a full personal day off work!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

NoNo....HF is on the commute home every night....