What's new
What's new

OT who is your favorite Internet Radio Provider

jrmach

Titanium
Like title says

Pandora,Spot Fly,SiriuS,Apple TV ?Some other

I will be using this on a high end Internet Tuner for a home base Hi Fi,which I have not bought yet,

I wanna make sure I buy one that can get the best of the best

Been out of touch with lectonics for some years now,hard to keep up with the Johns's

But I have a system that still will make most go wow when listening to

CD's is my best sound source,but can be a pain in the ass,,FM is so,so

Checking out new tech

I use Spotify and Pandora. IMO Pandora has a better radio function, but Spotify is more versatile. With Spotify I can actually make playlists, listen radio style, or listen to a complete discography from one person.

iheart radio often has local radio stations.
podcasts of talk shows often dont even require listening to a radio station and can be heard any time you want

I realize I haven't kept up with anything HiFi, but I didn't realize streaming music and HiFi went in the same sentence.

Why on earth would you pay for radio?

I listen to local radio stations. It is free! And I already have the best sounding music. It is on vinyl LPs.

And I bet that those pay-to-listen services also have commercials. My gosh how the money rolls in!

you like me ?
not the same times,from what I hear
Some stations are broadcasting at rates that are close to "Redbook' standards,which is a "standard" for CD,if you have the equipment to take advantage of that
it is an appealing thing because I don't have to change a CD all the time while working.
Still,from what I read,want the best,or close to the best that we are allowed to buy (that is a different story) my 12 year old CD player playing HDCD recordings is the best (Krell)
But anyhow,from a convenience stand point,not sacrificing too much hi-fidelity,that is what I was asking about.
I can go on and on,,but,I love good sounding music,my system alone is higher than $40,000,,but the question is about,I guess?,,are we there yet for Hi-Fi internet and if so,what are recommendations for a tuner and what service provider.

Tried many, always end up going back to the old school Pandora.
Not real "hi-fi" for free or paid.
$40K, whoa... that pales my B&O, APT, Carver and Klipsh which I thought was kind of good....I'll sulk off into the know-nothing corner now.
Bob

Tried many, always end up going back to the old school Pandora.
Not real "hi-fi" for free or paid.
$40K, whoa... that pales my B&O, APT, Carver and Klipsh which I thought was kind of good....I'll sulk off into the know-nothing corner now.
Bob

nothing wrong with that
My Pre-Amp is a Theta Cassablanca 3,,it's like my hobby,lol

Radio Paradise,
Pay if you want to, anyone can listen , no commercials, great music, NO TALKING.
They have recently mentioned a new high quality service if you have the equipment, I don't so I didn't pay attention to the details.
The quality of the sound transmission doesn't really matter when I grab the grinder.

Michael

Radio Paradise,
Pay if you want to, anyone can listen , no commercials, great music, NO TALKING.
They have recently mentioned a new high quality service if you have the equipment, I don't so I didn't pay attention to the details.
The quality of the sound transmission doesn't really matter when I grab the grinder.

Michael

Thanks,I will check it out

We use Tidal which is CD quality with a high end Asus sound card in a desktop computer. Excellent results in my opinion, and I have been messing with HiFi and audio electronics since the late 1950s.

Tidal.jpg

SiriusXM is what I have in my truck and listen to at work on my computer while programming.
But when I'm out golfing, I use the free version of Pandora so I can manipulate the artists I want to hear like Anthrax \m/ \m/ or others that don't generally get radio play.

We are kinda on the same quest jrmach. I resisted for as long as I could. But, I can no longer ignore the convenience of streaming.
Or should I say in-convenience of CDs?

Not on par with your Krell gear. But, I have a pretty decent shop system!
Pre-amp is a very old Hafler. CD is Sony ES. Amplification is two Proton D1200's.
Powering a pair of JBL 4312's on top, and a home built sub cabinet.
There is some modern crap in there as well.
I use a miniDSP for crossover/EQ. And a dumb cheap bluetooth to stream from my phone.

I really enjoy the convenience and randomness of streaming from my phone.
But, I have to admit, compared to CD, it sounds like crap.

I want to learn more about this stuff. But, I am a techie-retard, and it is a time suck.

My personal favorite internet radio provider is wrcjfm.org

It's the Detroit classical and jazz station, and they provide a carbon-copy of the FM broadcast online and on their smartphone app. I don't really care for commercial radio (for both content and advertisement reasons) so I support the local independent radio station. Their online stream sounds quite good, too. Maybe your system is tuned enough to pick out the flaws, but it comes in pretty clear on my HiFi Man headphones with Magni/Modi DAC/Amp.

If you've never given classical music a shot, give it a listen! You might actually like it.

My personal favorite internet radio provider is wrcjfm.org

It's the Detroit classical and jazz station, and they provide a carbon-copy of the FM broadcast online and on their smartphone app. I don't really care for commercial radio (for both content and advertisement reasons) so I support the local independent radio station. Their online stream sounds quite good, too. Maybe your system is tuned enough to pick out the flaws, but it comes in pretty clear on my HiFi Man headphones with Magni/Modi DAC/Amp.

If you've never given classical music a shot, give it a listen! You might actually like it.
Ha,,,on a good I love all music,,,except for rap,,,boom,boom,boom
I am a rock and heavy metal guy at heart,but I have much jazz and some classical.Main reason being those genres of music put out more HDCD than most.In laymans terms,they go the extra mile on recording,then manufacturing a way superior product than an ordinary CD

We are kinda on the same quest jrmach. I resisted for as long as I could. But, I can no longer ignore the convenience of streaming.
Or should I say in-convenience of CDs?

Not on par with your Krell gear. But, I have a pretty decent shop system!
Pre-amp is a very old Hafler. CD is Sony ES. Amplification is two Proton D1200's.
Powering a pair of JBL 4312's on top, and a home built sub cabinet.
There is some modern crap in there as well.
I use a miniDSP for crossover/EQ. And a dumb cheap bluetooth to stream from my phone.

I really enjoy the convenience and randomness of streaming from my phone.
But, I have to admit, compared to CD, it sounds like crap.

I want to learn more about this stuff. But, I am a techie-retard, and it is a time suck.
Here is my main system,what is not shown is 2 Subs,1 is an old Pioneer,the other is a relativity new J & L (which is unbelievable)
A Center channel when I watch movies,,a Klipch
Rear speakers 1 pair of Klipch and a pair of Mirage's
Some think I am a little obsessed,but I kindly point out,Hunting is your Hobby,you need a brand new 4 X 4,and top of the line 4 Wheeler,,,that expense surpasses mine,,lol,lol20190219_121722_Film4.jpg20190219_121703_Film4.jpg20190219_122156_Film4.jpg

but everything is 10 years or older,except the J&L Subwoofer.Impossible to keep up with the Jones's,,,but I really would like a great Internet Tuner,if the quality is there with broadcasting.I understand the folks on the other side f the pond have an enhanced version of FM,called DAB,,lucks

What model are your Klipsh? I just sold a pair of Heresys because the horns were too bright in the shop with all the hard surfaces.
The JBLs were much smoother than the Klipsh, and will keep up on output just fine.
My favorites are my Bowers & Wilkins DM11's. But, they don't have the output for shop duty.

Back