What's new
What's new

ot. why are delivery companies becoming lame and sloppy?

tnmgcarbide

Diamond
they leave expensive items and tools on the street. last week, fedex left
a fucking charged,$750, 50 caliber air-rifle in front of my retail store.
what if some dickhead used it in a crime or to hurt someone... it sure as
hell would've become somehow my fault. it used to be that to work for ups
fedex or the usps , you had to have a background check and some credentials.
today, ups delivered a dewalt angle grinder . we keep china-virus hours.
nobody was there to receive the thing at 9 am . whomever just left it . fuck it. what did that asshole have to lose.

they leave expensive items and tools on the street. last week, fedex left
a fucking charged,$750, 50 caliber air-rifle in front of my retail store.
what if some dickhead used it in a crime or to hurt someone... it sure as
hell would've become somehow my fault. it used to be that to work for ups
fedex or the usps , you had to have a background check and some credentials.
today, ups delivered a dewalt angle grinder . we keep china-virus hours.
nobody was there to receive the thing at 9 am . whomever just left it . fuck it. what did that asshole have to lose.

I believe that you can request to have the package signed for or pick it up at the office for things that you are afraid of having someone steal. Probably worth checking into.

They in most cases do not know value or what in the box.
Before you step heavy on the delivery person perhaps consider the job they have to do and the time they have to do it in.
Random address, perhaps an aggressive dog protecting it's yard or building.
My account has a paw print on it. Normal route drivers know, off shift or others leave it outside.

Would it be better not to leave the package and get that note that you have to dive to a station far away to pick it up.
SOP here is 3 tries for delivery and then sent back to the shipper.
I hate signature required. Deal here is open 7am to 8pm and receiving staff on hand at all times 365 days a year.

It is a job that is without reward at so many levels.
Bob

it was supposed to be . i have never had fedex just leave something .they
leave a tag , and you can go to the hub and pick it up . especially..
from a vendor called "AIRGUN DEPOT" in a box that says "50 caliber DRAGON CLAW"

I think a big part of it is that their business has grown by leaps and bounds without their say-so or involvement. Online shopping was already giving them more work, then when the pandemic hit, suddenly everyone HAD TO online shop.

Their business is designed to be scale-able as demand for their services ebbs and flows, but that scalability also means that at no point can a person say "sorry, we're busy so you might try another service." the computer just takes on all the work and it's up to the employees, which are temporary in the "busy" times, to sort it out.

I think the suits in charge are just watching thinking,"It's going to calm down... right?" If they pull the trigger and actually expand, training more workers and buying more trucks, then the pandemic will be over and they'll be stuck with the bill.

it is not a toy...nor is it a firearm. let's just say with a low level charge
that it ____________ a yellow-pine 2x6 from 60 feet .

still... the fedex douchebag left the world's most dangerous toy on the sidewalk.

no excuse.

did i mention... this thing fires 50 cal bolts? too.. (arrows)

a young boy's wet-dream on steroids.

We regularly order 250pcs of some bellows, .001 thick so they weigh less than a pound, cost is $22.00 each the regular UPS driver all ways hands stuff to us in the shop. Substitute drivers for both UPS and FedEx will leave packages like that by the mail box on the road, 200 yards away and out of sight from the shop. I do not like it but what are you going to do?

.50 caliber air rifle ???? Holy shit. Apparently i been under a rock....kinda want one now.:drool5:

-You've been under that rock for a long time. :D Lewis & Clark- yes, that Lewis and Clark- carried a 1795-vintage French-made .46-caliber air rifle with them on their cross-country trek.

Supposedly powerful enough to kill an elk. :)

Doc.

what the hell is china-virus hours? that's like the automotive paint store that changed their hours from 8am to 9am opening. i asked if it was safe from the virus after 9am? and was told well two of us live in ocala and it's a long drive so the covid bs works for us.

-You've been under that rock for a long time. :D Lewis & Clark- yes, that Lewis and Clark- carried a 1795-vintage French-made .46-caliber air rifle with them on their cross-country trek.

Supposedly powerful enough to kill an elk. :)

Doc.

yeah but they had to carry a lot of canned spinach to be able to pump that thing

what the hell is china-virus hours? that's like the automotive paint store that changed their hours from 8am to 9am opening. i asked if it was safe from the virus after 9am? and was told well two of us live in ocala and it's a long drive so the covid bs works for us.

what retail store do you own and operate.... didn't think so.

my wife doesn't open the store until someone might show up. there's no
street traffic until after 11:00 . we have other businesses, and a charity
to run. why the fuck would we sit around at 9am waiting for you to show up.

yes. since the kung-flu , foot traffic doesn't get up as early.

what retail store do you own and operate.... didn't think so.

my wife doesn't open the store until someone might show up. there's no
street traffic until after 11:00 . we have other businesses, and a charity
to run. why the fuck would we sit around at 9am waiting for you to show up.

yes. since the kung-flu , foot traffic doesn't get up as early.

i own a retail store fwiw to you

Was this sent "Adult signature required"????
Perhaps someone sloppy on the buying and selling side and not the driver or shipper.
I think this falls under so far way duh if not done on such.

If no one around would return to shipper been a better option for you?

No way a driver knows what is in a box even if coming from "Nukes Are Us".
UPS asked me to not label contents as "Diamond tooling" so just PCD. Same with customs now. Blow this callout international and oh my bad.

I think you are blaming the messenger for doing the job as asked.
No open door or receiving and many would think just come back later in the day. This is not possible or practical.
Why are UPS/Fedex routes optimized for right hand turns over left? Who would think this would matter?

If moving a lot in and out one can schedule the time drops and pickups are done and both hit a 15-20 minute window.
In fact the dog knows that this is going to happen as there are biscuits often.
Amazon drivers are not allowed to give treats as a company policy.

Understand shipping, the rules and the work done at all levels and receiving. It is not complicated.

Have no idea why I would post such argument but like to understand and cut some slack.
You seem a tad wound up and I so understand that and the urge to want to explode..........Walk a mile.
From what I see you are being somewhat unreasonable.
Is this lame and sloppy or work 100 percent correctly done? Why do I see the delivery spot on and correct.
Bob

Last edited:

Back