What's new
What's new

OT Why was the "OT big brother and your car" post shut down????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steel mills---153,000 views. Lots of traffic for PM...probably more than any other thread in a short period. Maybe views = revenue?

Adding "OT" doesn't make just any title o.k.

I would say "bad title" was the reason, also OP didn't really ask much, looks like a simple rant posting.

YMMV

Probably because of the potential of where that thread could go, so preventative damage control.
If this were my forum and relied on ad revenue, I wouldn't allow a lot of threads to exist. They'd be deleted not just locked.

Probably because of the potential of where that thread could go, so preventative damage control.
If this were my forum and relied on ad revenue, I wouldn't allow a lot of threads to exist. They'd be deleted not just locked.

Just like this one.....:D

I agree with Doug that it was probably the title. As I scan down the list of topics, the first thing that came to mind was 'big brother' as in a big milling machine but I didn't see connection of that with a car. So I moved on. Six new steel mills however sounded interesting, so I took a look and went on about my day. I just sampled 'six..' and I see no reason for it to continue. Just name calling.

Tom

Uh... Am I the only one thinking it's because IT DIDN'T ASK A QUESTION? Which is a rule for all OT posts?

When I originally posted I figured the question "can anything be done to disable the reporting" was pretty much implied. In fact a few suggestions were given so I guess some folks did get it.
Given the breadth of knowledge here I thought it was a relevant Post. Guess not....Cheers.

I also wondered about that. Maybe the mods thought it was too much like chit-chat? I recall a lively discussion about hot peppers that got locked for that reason, that was another bummer.

I agree with Doug that it was probably the title. As I scan down the list of topics, the first thing that came to mind was 'big brother' as in a big milling machine but I didn't see connection of that with a car. So I moved on. Six new steel mills however sounded interesting, so I took a look and went on about my day. I just sampled 'six..' and I see no reason for it to continue. Just name calling.

Tom

100% agree. If it had a title such as "OT:Advanced Automotive Technology Pros" And Cons it might have fared better. The title used was likely too provocative and too similar to "conspiracy theory" websites.

As TeachMe noted, it very simply did not ask any question or seek to solve a problem. Not hard to understand.

Another topic: What happens when a cv19 virus mutation #2 meets a mutation that altered it's way up to #4, which has traveled around the world and is now in contact with #2 again.
Is that when #5 is born. Does #5 become stronger like a insect would be to insecticide...

That one would be closed because it is a baddie...

Sometimes it seems that threads get closed depending on what kind of mood the moderator is in that day. Not saying that is bad, just the way life is. One day you are a grouch and you see a borderline thread. Look at thread on "what's in your name?" it was OK back in 2013 and now too chit chatty today. OT-What's in your name?

Sometimes I wake up on the wrong side of the bed and am grouchy that day. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back