What's new
What's new

Ot. Window film

surplusjohn

Diamond
This is for and exterior art piece. I want to apply reflective film up to the edge of 1/2 thick glass. The edge will be exposed, it is not possible to cover or wrap the edge, and i want this to look decent for at least 2 years.
My choices are static cling and pressure sensitive adhesive. My concern is the edges staying adhered. Does anyone have a specific recomdation? Thanks

My neighbor recently had a window replaced on his trawler. He decided to go with the film because the spray on stuff looked like crap. Being exposed to salt spray, he was concerned with the film coming off around the edges. He was told by the folks that supplied the glass to apply a thin light film of water glass (sodium silicate) around the edges and that would keep that from happening.

Forgive me; but basically you want apply a mirror like coating with the reflective side on the surface facing you?
If you still have questions, a basic sketch would help me.
My uncle and his brothers developed the procedure for gold plating glass, and my father ran that plating line for a number of years. I have a feeling I can help you, but I don't have a clear picture of what you are trying accomplish.

Doug. I really need to be able to do this on site. For many reasons. This is an update of an art piece that has been installed in the woods since 08. Basically a glass column. I will try to post an image when i get home.

Back