Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Serious Q, .how does whoever's elected POTUS, affect the world price of oil.
    Like stopping the pipeline to Canada for one example.
    ...lewie...

2. Likes toolsteel, Steven-Canada liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Construction type lumber has went through the roof price wise since Covid. Plumbing supplies have went up, but not near as bad as lumber. I had estimated the cost of a large plumbing project a little over a year ago that I started a month or so ago, prices were up 50% in a year. That was nothing compared to 2x4x8's that I paid $7 each for a month ago that were probably $2.50 pre Covid.

4. Likes Steven-Canada liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    If OSB doesn't contain urine, I'm gonna be pretty pissed.
    You do that. Distract 'em with yer loveliness.

I'll stay ugly pissed, thanks!

Attracts fewer ....never mind. They seem to be coming into their own with less and less need of third-party yelp of late.

Should not be a surprise many of them actually "know their s**t"?

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pavt View Post
    Bearing in mind the US normally gets wood from Canada (them Canadian chicks are HOT!!!)

And yup, cold winters = hot chicks, lol.

Too bad Hollywood turned her into a plastic peroxide princess...

7. Likes pavt liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Keeley View Post
    And yup, cold winters = hot chicks, lol.
    Too bad Hollywood turned her into a plastic peroxide princess...
    Some resist that sort of degradation better than others and just do a good job at their craft, adapting to whatever the role being played requires:

Check the past, present, and in-between of Rachel Anne McAdams in so many films:

Rachel McAdams - IMDb

Listen to Anne Murray then:

Anne Murray discography - Wikipedia

Or Diana Krall, more recently:

Diana Krall discography - Wikipedia

More to life than plastics.

Evoking memories I OWN .. always did mean more than merely eyeballing some OTHER guy's blanket-sharer ever possibly could!

Fortunately... I have a LOT of those "memories". And counting..

9. Likes Terry Keeley liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Now with Sleezy Joe eliminating any/all chinese tariffs....I wonder what the "new OSB" will look like....thinking back to the great chinese drywall scandals of yesteryear.

Maybe used covid needles in the mix ?
    Glue ? Why not just use some slaughterhouse blood ?

11. Likes toolsteel, jeffm8622 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

they'll use the residual skin and bones from the dead leftovers .....post harvest. makes glue...

makes good laminate...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As someone with a finger in the oil business:

Thinking the US controls the global price of oil is delusional. Were you around in 1973? Saudi Arabia did that.
    No new *fracking* on Gov't land. How does that affect the amount of oil currently in production?
    Keystone pipeline - use your head. They wanted to build a pipleline from Canada to the Texas Coast. Passing lots of refineries on the way. Why is that? Because all that product was to be shipped to China. Now, China is putting stricter emissions controls in place. They are a big customer for GM. Now GM states they are going to eliminate production of fossil fuel powered cars - mainly because of the China market.
    Green new deal. Again,use your head. None of that has been enacted.

Why is gas going up?
    West Texas Intermediate crude (WTI) actually went negative at one point during the pandemic - as in you could not give it away, you had to pay someone $25 a barrel to take it. It's now just above $60/gallon. Why? Demand is back up. Capitalism. Supply and demand. When the airlines get going good again, it will go up further.

This is capitalism at work. Now in Venezuela, the gov't set the price of fuel. Is that what you want? Because there is a name for that sort of economic system that you probably don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight machine View Post
    Canceled drilling on gov. land. Shut down pipeline. Green new deal policy's. Anti fracking policy's. Oil producers and retailers know Gov anti oil policy's will hurt production and increase costs = higher prices at retail. Pre election gasoline at local stations, about 1.90 / gal, I payed 2.80 yesterday. 55.00 to fill my truck 3x a week.

14. Likes Garwood, kb0thn, JoeE., boosted, cyanidekid and 2 others liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Glue ? Why not just use some crap ?
    Because the better grades of an imperfectly predictable supply are long-since spoken for in the manufacture of far more profitable "Chinese Type medecine" or delicacy foods.

It's Asia.

Surely you didn't think Quid-Pro-Beijing-Joe Buyed-in's brain was eaten up without third-party assistance?

Nor Robert Hunter become "the smartest man I know" as to losing track of three family-incriminating laptops without a shit for brains transplant? Not the Chinese surgeon's fault the donor tissue rejected him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Now with Sleezy Joe eliminating any/all chinese tariffs....I wonder what the "new OSB" will look like....thinking back to the great chinese drywall scandals of yesteryear.
    Under Biden, China faces renewed trade pressure

Not to mention that by their nature, tariffs are taxes PAID FOR BY AMERICANS.

Maybe used covid needles in the mix ?
    Glue ? Why not just use some slaughterhouse blood ?
    Or the blood of the policeman murdered at the Capitol by trump.

You like to forget that little matter, don't you? It was just last month...

17. Likes Rudd, JoeE., cyanidekid, Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Under Biden, China faces renewed trade pressure

Not to mention that by their nature, tariffs are taxes PAID FOR BY AMERICANS.

Or the blood of the policeman murdered at the Capitol by trump.

You like to forget that little matter, don't you? It was just last month...

I guess that can be mixed with the same from the citiczens murdered by Biden supporters who were out not rioting....then being bailed out of jail by Heels up Harris and friends

19. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My aching ass..as usual, this started off as a simple questions about wood products and their prices and instantly segued into political and conspiratorial insanity.

Stuart

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    And another thing...

Prices were low at the pump because of demand depletion due to covid- you know that pesky little virus you might have heard about.
    Remember last year when WTI futures hit -$40/ barrel.... and airliners around the world were parked and stayed that way.
    Remember all the restaurants were closed, ZOOM was a thing- remember all of that...

Well the virus is on its way out and crude use is on its way up.
    Prices at the pump are going up as they follow crude pricing ( just pull up the thirty year charts for both if you don't trust me).

Do you guys pay attention at ALL to what is happening in the world.
    Yes good points. Note the positive during the last four years too. The oil market is big the argument is the Pres has little effect and yet demands are made of them. Even Bush had it tough and he was favorable to the oil business.

“ Donald Trump was inaugurated as the 45th president on January 20, 2017. Oil production had declined during President Obama’s last year in office as the average annual price of West Texas Intermediate (WTI) fell to $43.34/bbl. But in 2017 that rose to $50.79/bbl, and then to $65.20/bbl in 2018. Oil production followed prices higher. During the first three years of President Trump’s first term, annual U.S. oil production gained 3.4 million BPD. Net imports of crude oil and finished products turned into net exports in late 2019. U.S. oil production eclipsed the previous 1970 peak (although if you include NGLs, that peak was eclipsed in 2013).

But then the Covid-19 pandemic crushed oil demand. Now, less than a month before the election, U.S. oil production is at 10.5 million BPD — a significant decline from the 12.2 million BPD of 2019.”

Good article;
    How The Oil Industry Fared Under The Last Nine U.S. Presidents | OilPrice.com

“ Presidents publicly fretted for decades about the loss of energy independence for the U.S. They tried many different approaches to solving this problem—from serious intervention in the energy markets to letting the free market solve the problem. Many billions of dollars were spent on programs with the intent of eliminating dependence on foreign oil.

Yet in 1969, Americans depended on oil imports for 10% of their consumption, and in 2008 that number had risen to over 50% of consumption. That trend was only reversed when fracking caused U.S. oil production to surge.

Thus, a president may have some impact on U.S. oil production, but it is mostly a factor of influences well beyond their control.”

“Thus, a president may have some impact on U.S. oil production, but it is mostly a factor of influences well beyond their control.”

This last statement is rather contradicted by the article as a whole only when you consider besides a president consider the effect of them all. Alaska Pipeline increased production. It rose under Carter. Many regulations and hinderance were removed by executive order and with fracking it boomed the last few years. It was not blocked by the president.

Look at consumption of imported oil going from 10 percent to over fifty percent from 1969-2008. A large increase supply and demand. Keeping the money spent at home is much better than spending it on imports. Various factors effect price and production now.

It is a lot better with horizontal drilling and fracking.

TR are you invested in that business Oil? Many have moved on to investing in Green energy companies like Tesla. Perhaps they might have overlooked money still to be made with other energy forms and maybe even in continued production of reliable ICE’s. Their uselessness is way overrated especially during the cold weather for warmth or in hauling product all over the country.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    Seems like a lot of plywood and I guess OSB was used for boarding up windows in storms, riots and insurrections lately. I doubt if much of it is recycled after an event.

So now that Aunt Teefa and BLM aren't being paid to peacefully protest any more, the price should come down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There's record setting fuckloads of timber going through the mills right now. Has been for months. Timber industry has never, ever seen this much volume or profit before. Ever.

Covid didn't slow it down for a second. Covid pushed demand through the roof. All the stay at home folks decided to remodel at the same time. Most construction never shut down and became quite the focus of a lot of investments seeing as many other sectors were shut down.

Massive forest fires ripped through Oregon last year. All that burn is being cut and hauled to get it out before the bugs infest it. Millions of trees. Thousands of truckloads daily. Never, ever have been so many trees been cut and hauled this fast.

There is massive demand.

The bottleneck is a lack of log truck drivers and loggers.

Mills are all running at capacity and logs are being piled up wherever there's an empty lot they can be staged.

The problem is that the timber they are cutting wasn't supposed to be harvested for another 5-10 years.

It's probably going to get worse. unless demand dies off.

It's kinda crazy. Here in timber country a Stihl 044 in running shape is worth $1000 cash in a heartbeat. That was a $300 saw 6 months ago. Now you can't find one and all the new saws are shit.

24. Likes Rudd, JoeE., digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by atomarc View Post
    My aching ass..as usual, this started off as a simple questions about wood products and their prices and instantly segued into political and conspiratorial insanity.

Stuart
    OSB can f**k you up that way.

Hear tell the Kalifornios are smoking some kinda herbacious weed instead .. 'coz the smoke is less toxic under CARB rules?

Might wanna rub some on that aching ass as usual?

Should be more pleasant than OSB?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Newman109 View Post
    .....and to continue, under President Trump, the US in four years had become a net exporter of gas and oil. That's going to change with Elmer Fudd in the presidency. His handlers want him to get rid of the energy function. It will ultimately affect the world market.

What a brilliant stroke of government action!, Not.
    Whose ass do we have to kiss to GET Elmer Fudd behind the Resolute Desk for several orders of magnitude better sense and proof of life?

Judgement thing. Elmer tried to wax wascal wabbits with a scattergun, not run his fingers up their privates and run his Autopen as if it were a scattergun.

27. Likes Newman109 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by toolsteel View Post
    I guess that can be mixed with the same from the citiczens murdered by Biden supporters who were out not rioting....then being bailed out of jail by Heels up Harris and friends
    Here's a hint, bud - having your "president" call for insurrection that leads directly to the deaths of three Capitol police does not balance with an individual (which I'd like to get a reference for) event.

It really doesn't.

Except in the fantasy world of trump supporters. Sorry, cultists.

Move to Russia. They already have exactly the style of government that you crave.

29. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Personally I hate osb, avoid it like the plague, however most of the sheet I use is birch ply, invariably Russian, quality is exceptional to be honest, some of the crap about is full of voids, we get CLS normalised ( dimensions that is not heat treatment) aka Canadian lumber society I’m told, some is awful, twisted cupped bowed cracked hard work I scrapped 8 12’ lengths of 2x8 this week, would be great to build a spiral staircase though, the quality of lumber is going down and down, whilst the opposite appears to be the price
    In fact a few years ago 8x2 box section steel was cheaper than timber
    All I need is some wooden welding rods
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by boslab View Post
    Personally I hate osb, avoid it like the plague, however most of the sheet I use is birch ply, invariably Russian, quality is exceptional to be honest, some of the crap about is full of voids, we get CLS normalised ( dimensions that is not heat treatment) aka Canadian lumber society I’m told, some is awful, twisted cupped bowed cracked hard work I scrapped 8 12’ lengths of 2x8 this week, would be great to build a spiral staircase though, the quality of lumber is going down and down, whilst the opposite appears to be the price
    In fact a few years ago 8x2 box section steel was cheaper than timber
    All I need is some wooden welding rods
    Mark
    It's a bit pricey to sheath a house in Baltic Birch plywood.

32. Likes atomarc, JoeE., Trboatworks liked this post