What's new
What's new

OT You Tube music issue

I have the computer hooked to the Harmon Kardon. I think about everything that has ever recorded is on You Tube. All well and good. For a few months now the music stops and a popup appears that says "video paused do you wish to continue" About 5 times this morning. If I wanted it to pause I am fully capable of pausing it! Any way I can delete this annoying "feature"

haven't noticed that myself on Chrome + uBlock Origin extension, if it does solve the issue for you today, doesn't mean it will work tomorrow, YT is simply nudging you towards their premium service...

I have the computer hooked to the Harmon Kardon. I think about everything that has ever recorded is on You Tube. All well and good. For a few months now the music stops and a popup appears that says "video paused do you wish to continue" About 5 times this morning. If I wanted it to pause I am fully capable of pausing it! Any way I can delete this annoying "feature"

Have a look at Magic Actions for YouTube, it's an extension for Chrome. It's my favorite extension outside of AdBlock+

I use [free] pandora and it does this once an hour

It also runs ads every x minutes.

I notice many fewer ads when running it on my tv through the stereo at home, and never stops to ask if IO am still listening

It knows stuff

like if it is on the screen

if you are not actually using the computer try killing the screensaver and keeping the browser window on top

I use both Pandora and Spotify, both charge what I consider a modest fee for access to an incredible amount of music. Well worth it, I don't have to load cds or touch anything for the entire day. Why would anyone expect an uninterrupted music streaming service to be free?

Don't worry, it will all be better when we go ALL DIGITAL.

Seriously, I am not familiar with your reference to "the Harmon Kardon". I don't know if that is a service that is providing you access to YouTube or if it is your sound system or whatever. But this may not be a YouTube problem. I would suggest that you contact whoever is providing your internet access and do not accept their excuses or attempts to blame it on YOUR system.

I am in the middle of a spat with my provider, Spectrum. In addition to their cable boxes, I also use several Roku devices to get streaming video to several TVs in my house. Spectrum says I can have five or six of them with no problems. But they often freeze, plain quit, or have a highly pixelated picture. All of these symptoms are an indication of insufficient bandwidth. When I challenged Spectrum on that, they said that they did not have any bandwidth problems and that it must be my router. If it was my router, then why would it work most of the time? They said I should call when this was happening. That only took about two days: this afternoon I was in the bedroom and the crystal sharp picture on that TV suddenly pixelated. I got Spectrum on the phone and said it is happening NOW. She made a quick check and said everything was OK. I persisted and she ran more tests. Then she said that there was an apparent problem. I asked WHERE? She said in the wires or something. They are coming out tomorrow. That will be fun too.

One thing that you have to realize is that the people who answer the phone at these internet service providers DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. They don't know how the system works and only say what they have been told to say when the complaint is "xxxxx". They do not have a clue. So, you must persist. Make them tell you HOW they know it is your equipment and not their system. They may not be able to do that, but keep insisting.

RE: my first line, above; Spectrum IS now all digital. And it is much less reliable.

Harmon Kardon is a brand name of high quality speakers and stereo equipment. Been around for quite some time. I owned a pair back in the early 90's, had them hooked to my Kenwood reciever and Kenwood true 200watt per channel amp.

I give $9.99 a month for my daughter to have iTunes. She can listen 24 7 on my wifi but if no wifi I get charged data. We also are Amazon prime members which has a free streaming music deal.

YouTube is a wonderful thing! Used to be after 5 seconds I could skip the adds but lately I can't. Now a message pops up that says your video will start after the add. Aggravating but I figure they have to pay for it somehow. So I wait...

Brent

You didn't have a Windows update right before this happened, did you? Twice now after an update it screwed up my ability to watch you tube correctly.

Just remembered how I fixed the issue. Turn your hardware acceleration either on or off. The opposite of what ever it is set on now.

When I listen using a dead smartphone on wifi, I get the problem within 15 minutes. My home computer on the same wifi, running mozella, has never had that problem even when running for days.

If only there were reasonably-priced alternatives...

Accuradio is one such if it is the MUSIC rather than moom pitchur shews you want. Near-zero adverts when you have adverts blocked, anyway. Only ones I hear are their own, for themselves, 'bout the same as the nicer over-the air "all music" FM stations with good manners once were.

GRadio Player is even less hassle. Gets the silly head-games browsers clear out of the equation. No advert unless the "radio" station runs 'em.

It's grab-bag, no lists of personal favourites as Accuradio supports. Even so that's the only one I still bother to use.

With about a hundred favourite stations for seriously "eclectic" genres, global & multilingual, I don't worry about what's playing, just change if annoying, like "reaL" radio once was.

Haven't had to spend a dime on any of them, ever. You Tube, either.

Back