What's new
What's new

Partially Threaded Taper Pins with Thread on Wider Diameter Size

Dear all,

I'm looking to suspend some small parts from a stepper motor into an electroless plating solution by slipping these parts over some taper pins connected to the motor, mostly for agitation reasons with the added benefit of uniform plating.

I'm looking for some partially threaded (M3x0.5) taper pins which taper down to a non-threaded 2 mm diameter (+/- 50 microns). All of the taper pins I've seen are either much larger than these dimensions or have the thread on the small diameter end.

Any suggestions? I'm not a machinist myself although if there are no suggestions then I guess I may get them custom made.

Additional details: My initial thought was to use a universal mounting hub with threaded holes (M5x0.5) to connect to the motor shaft and then thread the taper pins on to the mounting hub. I'm plating the exterior of some tubes of inner diameter of 2 mm, so the idea is to slip these on to the pins until the plating process is done. The motor spins slowly (~10-20 rpm) so I don't need a very tight connection.

Thanks in advance.

Back