What's new
What's new

pehaka roboter horizontal bandsaw

pat pounden

Cast Iron
have this pehaka,have seen brief mentions of this type ,but no parts lit.or manuals.Have a "wobble' in the drive shaft for drive wheel.Took it apart-the worm and worm gear that drive this shaft appear to be unharmed.It does appear that someone has already had it apart,and i think parts MAY be missing.have att'd some pics-the bronze worm gear was pressed/keyed onto the shaft-the keys are visible barely on the shaft next to gear.PLEASE,if anyone has a pic of this drive assy,or any help about similar machines that might have a parts breakdown-- please post!-thanks,pat (apologies in advance for the twisted pics-but each and every time they turn from the original)

Attachments

• IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1222.jpg
    IMG_1222.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1328.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1231.jpg
    IMG_1231.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 56
Wobble in the drive shaft..... Might be missing parts.....

Wobble it could be a bad bearing or a bent shaft.

I'm not sure how you could not be sure it parts are missing..... If you went to a salvage yard would you become confused and think your in a used car lot?

Wobble in the drive shaft..... Might be missing parts.....

Wobble it could be a bad bearing or a bent shaft.

I'm not sure how you could not be sure it parts are missing..... If you went to a salvage yard would you become confused and think your in a used car lot?

well,i appreciate(?) your skepticism...I said that upon taking apart the drive to see what caused the wobble in the drive wheel,(and figuring that a brg had failed)--the brgs were fine! Furthermore,the worm and worm gear that drives the shaft appear fine.However,the shaft has a scar and a damaged snap ring between the 2 brgs that support it in the casting of the machine.the casting appears fine,as the brgs slide out 'firmly' from the bore. The scar looks like one made by trying to remove a brg from a shaft,prob w/ torch,and the one snap ring still there is all sprung and distorted.I would love to see the parts pic to show if there was a distance piece(s) and snap rings for the grooves that don't have one. These might show how to preload the assy,and cure my problem.Hope this is clear enough. FWIW ive spent some fair amt of time in wrecking yards and salvage yds -starting around 1960!

Keep in mind its a worm wheel gearbox there isn't much in it. Its a little difficult to tell exactly how that shaft fits in the housing but, that shaft looks mangled up. IF the bearings are "fine" then the problem is probably the shaft.

What is wobbling, the blade drive wheel? The end of the shaft opposite the bearing looks as if its got a waist wore in it. Is that the end the drive wheel is mounted? As far as snap rings they are probably there to transfer the thrust from the shaft to the bearings and not to "preload" the bearings. The bearings look like plain ball bearings which arn't usually preloaded.

Keep in mind its a worm wheel gearbox there isn't much in it. Its a little difficult to tell exactly how that shaft fits in the housing but, that shaft looks mangled up. IF the bearings are "fine" then the problem is probably the shaft.

What is wobbling, the blade drive wheel? The end of the shaft opposite the bearing looks as if its got a waist wore in it. Is that the end the drive wheel is mounted? As far as snap rings they are probably there to transfer the thrust from the shaft to the bearings and not to "preload" the bearings. The bearings look like plain ball bearings which arn't usually preloaded.

yes,the drive wheel (and shaft) are wobbling enough to sling the band. Shouldn't have said preload ,just meant keeping them in their position.With the bearings and casting looking pretty fine,and the shaft w/ the obvious worn area,i'm wanting to make sure the brgs are exactly where they were intended to be.I said earlier that the shaft looks like it's been worked on before,so not sure of where the original brg position was and also since i see other snap ring grooves that are empty i am curious about them as well! thanks,pat

Back