What's new
What's new

Pin Puller?>

ed1966ss

Plastic
I was given this tool by a friend but I can't find much if any information about it. I was told it's a pin puller that attaches to an arbor press, used to pull pins from various items. It has no name or manufacturer info. Anyone ever seen or used one of these. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1628[1].jpg
    IMG_1628[1].jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_1627[1].jpg
    IMG_1627[1].jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 443
It looks like one of the pair of "grips" used to hold the test specimen on a tensile testing machine ,although they usually look nicer quality than that.

I checked with the guy I got it from. He stated that it was definitely used to pull roll and solid pins during large pump rebuilds. He stated it was specifically purchased for that exact use.

I haven't tried it but from it's looks I believe it would perform that task.

I checked with the guy I got it from. He stated that it was definitely used to pull roll and solid pins during large pump rebuilds. He stated it was specifically purchased for that exact use.

So why ask here ?

It's yours, use it as you want.

Unfortunately you didn't post a pix from the "working end" to show if the
jaws have any groove in them, or flat jaws with knurled area's.

How the hell does an *arbor press* pull anything? Unless there's more to the thing than is shown here I'm not sure how that could possibly work. I made a pin puller myself that uses collets to lock onto the pins and attaches to a slide hammer to yank them out. Not at all understanding how the item depicted above is supposed to work in an arbor press.

How the hell does an *arbor press* pull anything? Unless there's more to the thing than is shown here I'm not sure how that could possibly work. I made a pin puller myself that uses collets to lock onto the pins and attaches to a slide hammer to yank them out. Not at all understanding how the item depicted above is supposed to work in an arbor press.

You have never turned an arbor press upside down and used it!?

I could see those jaws working like the Chinese finger locking puzzles on a pin.
Slide down over pin, reverse direction, jaws grip and pull the pin.

You'd actually have to bolt your press down to use it tho.

I can see that logic, except I can think of about 10 ways right off the Bat, that would be better. Flat faces--Round pins????? Square peg/Round hole

And I have used a Flathead screwdriver for a pry-bar. I have used my Calipers for lay-out, and my Hammer for a Spoon. That doesn't mean that's what it's for.

R

gotta have the 3 speed transmission version w/reverse

Why would a Dake type press not pull as well as it pushes? It’s just a gear rack. They don’t all have the ratchet dingus on the handle. Obviously the part would have be be secured somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back