What's new
What's new

Please ID these tool things

Please doo my work of Identifying worthless (yet shiny) crap I dug out of a dumpster....so I can post it for sale.

Please doo my work of Identifying worthless (yet shiny) crap I dug out of a dumpster....so I can post it for sale.

Dude, what is your point (and problem)? :rolleyes5:

This isn't your forum. And he posted a reasonable question. Maybe you should lurk more, post less...

And so what if he ultimately wants to sell them?

As you can see from the link I posted, the question was asked by a fellow member of an antiques forum, and I told them someone here might know. I’m not sure where all the hostility here comes from- just someone trying to ID some unfamiliar objects he has. If anyone knows what provoked this Digger character, I’m mildly curious.

Can't see the business end. But looks like some kind of pin vise. Can you show a better pic of the end? Is there a mechanism?

Best Regards,
Bob

You are right, ostie01, i just wanted to be nice. I have a theory on the tools, was waiting for others to chime in. They look like guide pins for a pantograph type router copier. The shaft screws into the motor drive and turns and the knurled end walks around the pattern. Practically useless and valueless as digger said, unless you have the rest of the machine.

The owner posted this addl info:

“I am guessing that these may be torque specific. The one with the 0-20 is the easiest to turn/rotate, the 0-300 offers much more resistance. Again, these do not turn as in revolutions. Rotating the larger knurled end within the tube causes the smaller splined end to follow in the same arc.”

Attachments

• A54C3BBC-75EA-449B-AF38-C07157B177AA.jpg
    A54C3BBC-75EA-449B-AF38-C07157B177AA.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 96

Back