What's new
What's new

Please recommend a digital protractor

rmcphearson

Hot Rolled
I need 2 small digital protractors or "angle finders" that I can mount to 2 different machines so I can monitor and compare their angle while in use. Here's the kicker, I would like them to have a memory function to record the maximum angle because they will be difficult to read while the machines are in use. Is there such a thing?

Thanks,
Roland

You can get similar angle boxes from from chinese sources for $10-20. I definitely would not pay grainger's price. All of them seem to have a hold function.

I have been curious about these two axis ones specifically but have never been willing to gamble on one: TLL 90S Super High Precision laser level LCD Display

I'd pay the difference rather than pay Grainger's price for a plastic box with a couple magnets though.

No recommendation, but I've seen bluetooth angle sensors that can be read on a cell phone, would that work? Perhaps the reader app would be able to capture the max reading.

I have an AngleCube. I use it for ballpark stuff but I sure wouldn't trust it to do anything requiring much accuracy. Repeatability isn't great. I normally give mine a couple taps to settle it and that helps but still...

Back