What's new
What's new

Pneumatic Control HELP NEEDED?

lethal375

Aluminum
I have a project requiring actuation of a 2 way air cylinder.

Need to switch between a foot valve and a NC controlled 24vdc air valve.

There are hydraulic diverter valves everywhere but no pneumatic diverter valves?

Preferably a 24vdc diverter valve allowing simple switching from foot valve to NC control.

Am I missing something?:crazy::confused::scratchchin:

Thanks

Thanks
I checked them out but don't see what I am looking for
Like I said in my original post they make hydraulic valves that do just what I want, just seems odd that no one offers the same for air. Liquid or gas still the same basic process

How about ganging two available valves? Or, just using one of those hydraulic valves you've mentioned? You'd have to pull the spool and add a good lubricant but that should be relatively simple. Depending on op cycles, pressure and flow rates you'd also likely need to re-lube periodically but I wouldn't think it would be too often.

Did you look at 'building your own' from the numerous valve/manifold combinations available at Norgren? (I'm not affiliated with Norgren, they're just my 1st stop due to the large selection and good quality).

Not sure of your need for foot valve? To override the CNc? Automation direct has many types of 24v solinoid valves. For manual valves McMaster is better.

All good ideas

I have decided to use two 2 way N/O and two 2 way N/C. All 24VDC

These valves will be all "Off" or all "On" with a toggle switch

The N/O valves will be in the lines coming from the foot valve to cylinder
The N/C valve in the lines from the 24VDC 3 way to the cylinder

With toggle "Off" or power "Off" the foot valve will work

With machine power "On" and the toggle "On" the 3 way (PLC controlled) will be operational

Not sure of your need for foot valve? To override the CNc? Automation direct has many types of 24v solinoid valves. For manual valves McMaster is better.

I want to control with manual foot valve for set up operations and don't need to power up the whole thing.

I will have 3 options
1. Foot pedal control with no power on the machine
2. CNC/PLC control with power on machine
3. Foot pedal control with power on machine

With power "On" I get CNC/PLC or Foot pedal with the flip of toggle switch

Back