What's new
What's new

Poll: Combine all corona threads into one?

One coronavirus thread

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob F.

Diamond
All the separate threads on the corona situation are taking over. I think there should be ONE thread about it where people can rant about it. Anything posted on corona not in that thread would be deleted.

Guys, this is a poll thread so to really make it work you have to scroll to top of page and "vote" in the poll.:cheers:

Sounds like one of those "mainstream" media polls with rigged questions.

My vote is for the choice not given, leave all in place as moderator permits.

It's more interesting that way than one super length "allthread". (pun intended)

My vote is for the choice not given, leave all in place as moderator permits.

I did not put "leave as is" as an option since if you want to leave it then you would not vote for deleting/combining.
I tried to go and edit the post to add that as an option but the poll would not open for editing.

It's more interesting that way than one super length "allthread". (pun intended)
To keep current you mean 2 1/2" rebar allthread right?;)

Don't combine. Some of the threads (the big one, in particular) long ago devolved into nothing but name-calling and a political pissing match. That thread should be deleted. The rest, for now, focus on separate areas of discussion and may yet prove useful. Or at least interesting.

Don't combine. Some of the threads (the big one, in particular) long ago devolved into nothing but name-calling and a political pissing match. That thread should be deleted. The rest, for now, focus on separate areas of discussion and may yet prove useful. Or at least interesting.

I'd suggest not deleting but merely locking the unwanted threads. There is some useful information in there, a bit of wheat among the chaff.

Combining all in to one would be a complete disaster, because the virus has come up in so many threads.

Delete all but one - who's going to choose?

Deleting all threads is censorship, plain and simple - akin to saying the virus doesn't exist on PM.

And yes there are times I get more than a tad pissed off about non stop virus, ………..but is it not the only game in town - for the entire world?

So as the saying goes ;- If it ain't broke don't fix it

FWIW, our responses to the virus, as individuals, industries, and a nation, are going to have a lot more impact on us than, say, getting speeds and feeds a bit wrong on the next run of 1000 widgets.

My own feeling is that threads a moderator finds objectionable should be locked, but not deleted.

There are lots of very relevant topics to be talked about here on the subject of coronavirus. The issue being that a number of people will just want to push there opinions a little too hard in every thread. No changing of the threads will change those people's posting style. This is the internet after all.

If everyone could be civilized enough to keep all the political/conspiracy opinions to one thread that is just a dedicated shit show..that would be best I say. (Everyone is entitled to there opinions 100%, but coming on to argue your politics and conspiracy theories doesn't help me secure work for the rest of the year and pay my bills, or keep my grandma from getting ill, etc..)

Ironically this is just another coronavirus thread haha

I dunno, I think it's relevant that there are so many threads related to it considering how much it's effecting the world. IMO combining them would be like combining all speed/feed topics into one thread or all tool holder selection threads into one.

If anything, push them into the manufacturing in the world, or management issue threads (unless the thread is asking about how to move a machine when you're in quarantine, etc.).

IMO the "issue" is less about what to do with threads, and more to do with people reading before they post.... that sounds familiar....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back