Poll: Combine all corona threads into one? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account

View Poll Results: One coronavirus thread

Voters
201. This poll is closed
  • Combine all corona threads into one?

14 6.97%
  • Delete all but one coronavirus threads?

6 2.99%
  • Delete all coronavirus threads?

183 91.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I will tell you anything you need to know about the epidemic......this time next year....(disclaimer..contingent on me surviving)

2. Likes Limy Sami, CalG liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It never ceases to impress me this kind of request/demand.

Three bad choices. Why not just input on another thread if you do not like the thread? I think to come back with one of those three in a survey is a con.

Is it because the ones who have always insisted that nothing should ever never be deleted because it was against free speech now have your exception to those past sermons?

Just go on another thread and stop they crying. Deleting threads and banning members has been discussed here extensively.

Might as well ban what people like to talk and debate about. Don’t like em block em or leave em.

First before drastic measure is taken to delete threads it could be said to throw a blanket over the eyes of many of the worst natured Alligators lurking in those swamps. (Threads)

Blanket over the eyes calms a alligator down like magic. “””WRONG!””” They will chew you up and whatever your argument is they just love it when ya thrash and yell because it means you are a really good meal.

Just leave the hunting and taming of those 18 footers alone for the brave and experienced.

A wise hunter will not mess with a big old whopper often because it takes too much brain, energy, and experience to pull it off. Their time is spent elsewhere where they can do some good.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    I didnt think I needed to add a choice for MORE corona threads, should I add that? They are being deleted as fast as they pop up already.
    You mentioned once or twice that you did not want anyone banned or their threads deleted right? Why the change now during a time people are just blowing off steam. What is next manners enforcement? That gets a lot of bad will.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Divide the forum in two sections: Democrat & Republican.
    No more problems.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Heaton View Post
    Don't combine. Some of the threads (the big one, in particular) long ago devolved into nothing but name-calling and a political pissing match. That thread should be deleted. The rest, for now, focus on separate areas of discussion and may yet prove useful. Or at least interesting.

Agreed Gordan, it would be a giant shit-show at the moment of its inception...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by johnoder View Post
    Funny - you folks must think the folks that would have to do the work involved have nothing better to do
    That isn't any work atall. Box-tick locks OR deletes.

The PAIN for site management comes when a maddening crowd goes into a red rage over "censorship!" starts a dozen NEW threads on that .. and then.. doubles-down in defiance by creating MORE COVID s**t-show threads TOO!

There ARE other venues.

PM is at a point where a "lock down" on this subject might be wise for OUR survival as a community of problem-solving "do er" folk who can still communicate amongst ourselves - rather than morphing into barking mad blame-gamers gone "nuclear" at each other's throats and buttlocks.

Human nature to escalate confrontations fast and hard, DE-escalate slowly.. or not at all.

Blackholing and a "word from our sponsor" to knock it off and not restart it - backed with temp-banning - so as to apply "social distancing" for the safety of sanity and harmony could be helpful, right about now.

I did say "there are OTHER venues?"

4CW

8. Likes Gordon Heaton, Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've read......

Some other interest forums that are somehow PENALIZED for Covid-19 discussion traffic.

I don't know the details... Board hosting entity or something????

eta

Obviously, a discussion forum dedicated to the COVID-19 topic would lack entertainment and informational value.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    You mentioned once or twice that you did not want anyone banned or their threads deleted right? Why the change now during a time people are just blowing off steam. What is next manners enforcement? That gets a lot of bad will.
    I saw one corona related thread deleted this morning and another one deleted a day or two ago. I did not delete them or advocate them being deleted.

I probably should have used the word locked instead of deleted. But since others were ALREADY being deleted just went with that.

Maybe we need a new subsection called "Coronavirus in America and Europe" . I would nominate you to be the moderator since you seem to have a good sense of what should and should not be deleted.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe we need a new subsection called "Coronavirus in America and Europe" . I would nominate you to be the moderator since you seem to have a good sense of what should and should not be deleted.
    Oh. no you don't!

Give us someone with inane TRIVIAL-TROLL EXPERIENCE!

Gordo Baggins of large hairy feet in mouth running the Lord of the Dings-bat Hobbitey-ass shite shew, and we can get back to our ordinary level of childish-silly and BORING instead of thermonuclear level blame-game rage!

You'd have to know nutters?

Or at least blame-gamers..

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Let's nominate GBC for mod. If he declines the circus, digger doug is next on the slate. At least no humor would be lost on him.

13. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Remove the "make a poll" button.
    2. Make a separate "rumpus room" sub forum.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    1. Remove the "make a poll" button.
    2. Make a separate "rumpus room" sub forum.
    And give six people moderator rights. That should keep it exciting.....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipSplitter View Post
    And give six people moderator rights. That should keep it exciting.....
    Nope, it was discussed several years ago.

The "rumpus room" won't have any moderation.
    and a max. of 5 pages.....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I saw one corona related thread deleted this morning and another one deleted a day or two ago. I did not delete them or advocate them being deleted.

I probably should have used the word locked instead of deleted. But since others were ALREADY being deleted just went with that.

I defer to the loudest expert like I would to the loudest police officer.
    You volunteered for starting this thread. Don’t deny you do not want threads deleted one day and not the next. The same goes with banning. The reason people want the threads locked not deleted is so they can check on what you said today compared to what you said yesterday and to refer back to in the future.

Also they can look back for as long as you have been doing this musical chair act.

We may not know what you believe today but we know what you said before.

Since YOU are always found loading a fire or starting one. Your kind are great Mods. Be somebody go for it. Dig deep until you can reach your beloved PRC.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    That isn't any work atall. Box-tick locks OR deletes.

The PAIN for site management comes when a maddening crowd goes into a red rage over "censorship!" starts a dozen NEW threads on that .. and then.. doubles-down in defiance by creating MORE COVID s**t-show threads TOO!

There ARE other venues.

PM is at a point where a "lock down" on this subject might be wise for OUR survival as a community of problem-solving "do er" folk who can still communicate amongst ourselves - rather than morphing into barking mad blame-gamers gone "nuclear" at each other's throats and buttlocks.

Human nature to escalate confrontations fast and hard, DE-escalate slowly.. or not at all.

Blackholing and a "word from our sponsor" to knock it off and not restart it - backed with temp-banning - so as to apply "social distancing" for the safety of sanity and harmony could be helpful, right about now.

I did say "there are OTHER venues?"

4CW
    Safari days might should return eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    You volunteered for starting this thread. Don’t deny you do not want threads deleted one day and not the next. The same goes with banning. The reason people want the threads locked not deleted is so they can check on what you said today compared to what you said yesterday and to refer back to in the future.
    Maybe you should show me where I advocate deleting threads, OTHER than what I posted in THIS thread.
    I already said earlier in this thread it would be better to lock than delete.
    I have never wanted to ban anybody. Show me where I did or STFU.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh, please.....

Don't tell me this thread is turning into a bar fight too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChipSplitter View Post
    Oh, please.....

Don't tell me this thread is turning into a bar fight too!
    Should I ask to get it locked? It seems to have run it course and is getting derailed...

Country
    CANADA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Naw, let it descend into the mayhem. Seems to be the way of recent.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All the separate threads on the corona situation are taking over. I think there should be ONE thread about it where people can rant about it. Anything posted on corona not in that thread would be deleted.

Guys, this is a poll thread so to really make it work you have to scroll to top of page and "vote" in the poll.
    Needs to have it's own section.

You can't sensibly merge any of those threads as they would be completely unnavigable.

Plus this viral epidemic situation may become more cyclic.

It's very complex and multidimensional issue.

I don't think it would serve to merge to one thread everything covid related.

So the choices of your poll are far too limited in scope.

Ta.