Poll: Combine all corona threads into one? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account

View Poll Results: One coronavirus thread

Voters
201. This poll is closed
  • Combine all corona threads into one?

14 6.97%
  • Delete all but one coronavirus threads?

6 2.99%
  • Delete all coronavirus threads?

183 91.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    <snip>

Maybe we need a new subsection called "Coronavirus in America and Europe" . I would nominate you to be the moderator since you seem to have a good sense of what should and should not be deleted.
    ^^^ "Coronavirus in America and Europe" (something like that ) but what about the rest of the world.

Most other forums would have a separate forum section just for containment so the Covid-19 threads don't spread everywhere ;-)

2. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
    ^^^ "Coronavirus in America and Europe" (something like that ) but what about the rest of the world.

Most other forums would have a separate forum section just for containment so the Covid-19 threads don't spread everywhere ;-)
    I did a play on the "Manufacturing in America and Europe" section, where most of the rants happen, since most of those CV threads have gone political, some more than others.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Nope, it was discussed several years ago.

The "rumpus room" won't have any moderation.
    and a max. of 5 pages.....
    Something like the "Rumpus room " idea … of any length. (some kind of "Bot" for cleaning up super threating and ultra racist sentiments (unfortunately) would still be required.).

Some folks are really freaking out and the only way they have to let off steam / worries is to go into the "Online" boxing ring / moshpit.

That's not for everybody but a place where toxic people like to do toxic things is not such a terrible idea.

I've even thought there should be a grudge match boxing ring at IMTS ROFL.

But can't do that anymore (Obvi. ;-) ).

If this forum had a linking feature that would help with some of the topic based navigation across threads.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    I did a play on the "Manufacturing in America and Europe" section, where most of the rants happen, since most of those CV threads have gone political, some more than others.
    I get it now :-)

It's a tricky one,

That's why the royal family only discuss the "Weather" out in public with the "Pleeeeebs" as topics related to "Religion, Politics and Money" essentially have the capability to divide all "Men". (No matter what).

However some seek to be deliberately devicive. (sp).

On some technical forums I'm on anything political is looked down on big time and gets locked.

But with manufacturing and global manufacturing it's impossible to remove the "Political" or "Policy based" element at scales locally and globally. (beyond angry older men trying to put the world to wrights ).

I'm oddly sympathetic to someone/ something like EG's plight etc. and understand that the "Eye" of the state has an extremely hard gaze, saving face and towing the party line is paramount to an extreme degree especially if one is a foreign national interacting in foreign "spaces".

However there is case to suppress true "Propaganda" as essentially a sub category of 'Spam".

Forgive my language as I can't find a better way to explain this... for example if someone is forced to spread the "Knob cheese" of a certain SE Asian dictator all over a forum much like a fungus that then spreads everywhere THEN that should be considered "SPAM" and thusly deleted or GHOSTED... I.e. Ghosted in the sense the poster doesn't know that his posts can't be read per say by most everyone else but could be readable to a smaller sub group that can interact. [On some interfaces there's a complex tiered or layered way of handling that .].

There are limits. [Guidelines could be drawn up for excessive propaganda. An effective rule set can be drawn up that is fair to all and not discriminate against any particular individual and yet eliminate anything that constitutes persistent and pervasive* manipulation on a broad scale ~ for whatever purpose .].

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

* To the point of being excessive / pathological.

Boundaries are good that's what keeps people safe.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A new corona thread....
    Might declare no politics,
    No name calling,
    No hissey fits..
    Let me delete all the posts I don't like
    And make it more about surface grinders.
    Re: If you'r home alone running a surface grinder you can't catch the virus.

7. Likes cameraman, gustafson liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    A new corona thread....
    Might declare no politics,
    No name calling,
    No hissey fits..
    Let me delete all the posts I don't like
    And make it more about surface grinders.
    Re: If you'r home alone running a surface grinder you can't catch the virus.
    I have to admit there's something to be said for different sand pits.

It should not be the case that those with the thickest skin and moderately skilled in "Counter arse hole-ishness" should have the greatest "Freedom" on this forum.

Toxic people ARE toxic.

How you create "safe spaces" or "safer spaces" is up to the moderator / owners of the forum.

Some forums "self regulate" pretty well and some don't.

IF you specify a rule set (like what you set out @michiganbuck) as a header for the thread , then that might be a pretty good solution.

I.e. the intent and scope of the thread starter without being overly controlling but with an emphasis on "Playing nice" or not being politically motivated. so in theory anything that is in violation of the header scope could be legitimately deleted as being "Off topic".
    Last edited by cameraman; 04-07-2020 at 01:13 PM. Reason: added not - politically motivated delimiter

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rons View Post
    Yes. Start it out with this:

1918 Flu Pandemic That Killed 50 Million Originated in China, Historians Say

History repeats again.
    Have you read the book "The Invisible Rainbow"? IIRC it talks about how the 1918 flu could not be transferred from person to person.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We were taught the influenza started where a USA military base burned a big pile on manure/poop.

but who knows

I read that there is no vaccine for any virus ..who knows again.

The deadly "Spanish flu" claimed more lives than World War I,

Re: The Spanish flu (also known as the 1918 flu pandemic) was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic. Lasting from January 1918 to December 1920, it infected 500 million people – about a quarter of the world's population at the time.

QT:The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. It was caused by an H1N1 virus with genes of avian origin. Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919. In the United States, it was first identified in military personnel in spring 1918.

It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States. Mortality was high in people younger than 5 years old, 20-40 years old, and 65 years and older. The high mortality in healthy people, including those in the 20-40 year age group, was a unique feature of this pandemic.

another QT :The Spanish flu pandemic of 1918, the deadliest in history, infected an estimated 500 million people worldwide—about one-third of the planet’s population—and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims, including some 675,000 Americans.
    Franc USA or china;
    Here is the old video,
    YouTube

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

PBS program: Frontline - China Undercover

A special undercover report from China's secretive Xinjiang region. Investigating the Communist regime's mass imprisonment of Muslims, and its use and testing of sophisticated surveillance technology against the population.

7am EST (Wed 08, 2020)

Why is this program being aired now? I know why. As if it was already prepared.

Epoch Times has been reporting about this stuff for years.

Cast your vote after watching. Good luck to those who think this is all happening by chance.

Enjoy davidR8 and atomarc. LOL

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A special undercover report from China's secretive Xinjiang region. Investigating the Communist regime's mass imprisonment of Muslims, and its use and testing of sophisticated surveillance technology against the population.

7am EST (Wed 08, 2020)

Cast your vote after watching. Good luck to those who think this is all happening by chance.

Another chance to see it tonight at 6pm PST. Enjoy the psyop.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another chance to see it tonight at 6pm PST. Enjoy the psyop.
    I've been tracking the "Harvesting " of organs thing for a number of years now. Nothing surprises me anymore. (This dystopian science fiction novel that 1/4 of the planet now lives in and the rest of the world connected to it.).

The Red Market: On the Trail of the World's Organ Brokers, Bone Theives, Blood Farmers, and Child Traffickers: Scott Carney: 9780061936463: Amazon.com: Books

"The Red Market" by Scott Carney. <--- "(On the Trail of the World's Organ Brokers, Bone Theives, Blood Farmers, and Child Traffickers ).

^^^ Very good read / real page turner, excellent journalism + medical science.

It's funny the seemingly tin foil hat theories of various labs don't seem so tin foil hat exactly anymore.

Google about for "Bat Woman"

How China's "Bat Woman" Hunted Down Viruses from SARS to the New Coronavirus - Scientific American

^^^ Scientific American ; Sadly Shi Zhengli has "Disappeared" (not like being pushed out of a helicopter in a south American jungle "Disappeared" , but more like all traces of existence having been erased.

Sh*t happens... ( no conspiracies required) - stuff gets bungled.

Country
    CANADA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

7am EST (Wed 08, 2020)

Honestly you are a special kind of wacky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
    I've even thought there should be a grudge match boxing ring at IMTS ROFL.
    Can we have champions ? In skimpy bikinis ? And mud ? Lots of mud ?

I'm oddly sympathetic to someone/ something like EG's plight etc. and understand that the "Eye" of the state has an extremely hard gaze, saving face and towing the party line is paramount to an extreme degree ...
    Whooo boy, I could only wish to be that important. Hang on a sec, I'll polish up that tin hat for you .... I honestly hate to admit this but the eye of the state has a lot more important things to do than watch me.

Besides which, no one has ever shut me up anyway. Even myself.

You guys are self-deluded. Come to China, walk around, it's not what you believe. Doesn't even resemble what you believe.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    You guys are self-deluded. Come to China, walk around, it's not what you believe. Doesn't even resemble what you believe.
    Would rather go to Tahiti.

vlcsnap-2020-04-05-19h48m12s203.jpg

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Still trying to figure out the Vietnam war thing....

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Still trying to figure out the Vietnam war thing....
    It's okay. They have books in the library. It's not dangerous in there, promise. The old lady librarians are very nice.

Just keep your hands off Marian, I got dibs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Whatever happened to just reading what you want to read?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR8 View Post
    Honestly you are a special kind of wacky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, informed individual. New and fresh ideas are always wacky to the the uniformed twinks.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Even this thread turned into a fight!!

What now, ban everyone????