What's new
What's new

A pool table advice

Mike91

Plastic
Hello everyone! My husband and I decided to make a billiard room from one room. The room is small. Advise which table is better to choose? In general, I consider the 7 foot tables from this list. But what better, alas, I don't know. What parameters should pay close attention?
Thanks in advance!

I didn't have time to read thru your list, but I can only say that make sure your playing surface is quality marble. humidity will not effect it compared to any manmade material such as mdf or the likes. sorry to hear your room is too small. have you thought about buying a cheap stick and cut it to use when your up against the rail so to speak? In reality your buying a piece of furniture so buy the best you can afford.

Hello everyone! My husband and I decided to make a billiard room from one room. The room is small. Advise which table is better to choose? In general, I consider the 7 foot tables from this list. But what better, alas, I don't know. What parameters should pay close attention?
Thanks in advance!

Hmm...Looks suspiciously like spam...

Alas, this is a Machining / Manufacturing Forum. So you may not get the best advice here.

Best Regards,
Bob

I didn't have time to read thru your list, but I can only say that make sure your playing surface is quality marble. humidity will not effect it compared to any manmade material such as mdf or the likes. sorry to hear your room is too small. have you thought about buying a cheap stick and cut it to use when your up against the rail so to speak? In reality your buying a piece of furniture so buy the best you can afford.

It looks like all those amazon links are affiliate links. If anyone were to follow one regardless of what was bought the postee would receive a cut of all the sales made by the clickee for a set amount of time. Mike and his husband are just clever spammers.

It is spam to sell 7' tables, all I saw was a list I copy and pasted: "Best 7 foot pool tables on the market" from a place called game table zone.
If you are going to spam us at least include some sexy pics of yourself on top of one of the tables.

I thought pool table tops are made from slate, but i could be wrong.

From the little bit of telly i watched whilst living in England, I'm pretty sure you can only play billiards if there is also a guy wearing white gloves to reposition the balls when need be.

I thought pool table tops are made from slate, but i could be wrong.
They surely used to be. Before particle-board and bulls**t about it were invented, anyway.

:(

From the little bit of telly i watched whilst living in England, I'm pretty sure you can only play billiards if there is also a guy wearing white gloves to reposition the balls when need be.

Some might say you also have to BE in England.

:)

What we call pool was called pocket billiards for years.

7' table is a bar box and not worth playing on.

If you're an 8-ball player 4 x 8 is fine, but I like 9 foot tables more. If you're a 9-ball or straight pool player you want 4-1/2 x 9.

3-cushion (billiards) is played on 5 x 10 tables. Billiard players have their own special cues too, and a serious 3-cushion player wouldn't be caught dead with a pool cue.

Unless you are "elite" one plays pool on a bar sized table.
If you want to be all stand up and proud, 8-9 or pick your game let's face it that is where the big money is.
The problem in a small room is length for a real cue when up against the rail.
No OT in the tag line.......:toetap:
Bob

Robert Nasmyth made himself a 12'x6' table from one piece of cast iron.It weighed 8 tons.That is a worthwhile project for any retired machinist.Whitworth had a similar table.

Qty (18) post's and some re-quoted the spammers linky.

Excellent !

Keep that spam on top, and leading the google hit parade.

And people wonder why so much spam comes here.

Bunch of blind enablers.....

Back