What's new
What's new

Portable Bandsaw Fixture Help?

blake in spokane

Hot Rolled
Looking for fixture/clamp vise ideas to cut 6" I beams horzionaly out in the field using a Milwaukee portable bandsaw. I know it will take a couple cuts, but anything to relieve the weight standing there.

I think they still sell the accessory that turns one into a horizontal bandsaw. You'd need to add cribbing to hold the beam at the right height.

I've seen it, but it swings the saw, and 6" beam may be at the upper limit of capacity
for the saw, and might need a linear (straight line) motion.

I've seen it, but it swings the saw, and 6" beam may be at the upper limit of capacity
for the saw, and might need a linear (straight line) motion.

Which saw do you have? The deep cut models are rated for 5" x 5" capacity and the regular model is 3.5" x 4.5". Hard to see any of them cutting 6" I-beam.

Maybe you could rent an import 4 x 6 or 5 x 6 horizontal on wheels. Or get a cutting torch.

Larry

Which saw do you have? The deep cut models are rated for 5" x 5" capacity and the regular model is 3.5" x 4.5". Hard to see any of them cutting 6" I-beam.

Maybe you could rent an import 4 x 6 or 5 x 6 horizontal on wheels. Or get a cutting torch.

Larry

That's what I thought after my post, then figured it's ironworkers
in the field, so they will just "push down harder"....:D

Back