Postal nazi -shipping oil coated parts? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    There are plenty of postal workers who do a good job and are pleasant to deal with. My local PO is fine, fast, and delivers the mail with care.
    Demographics of New Hampshire?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The problem I have had in the past with the PO is that they want to sell you insurance ,doesn't cost a lot they say then the ask what it is worth ,OK right these little parts are being charged out at £300 ,they then proceed to write £300 on the package ,might as well put "steal me" on it. I have never bothered with the insurance since.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveBausch View Post
    Demographics of New Hampshire?
    I think it just depends on the post office.. Here in New Mexico, you never expect anything to
    work properly or fast.. The Hatch post office, they are awesome...

On the other hand, the post office I use near the house.. PO box, actually 2 of them, we needed an
    overflow box because the swamp witch would start throwing mail out if we overflowed the
    box. The Swamp Witch has a nasty habit of sending packages back if you don't pick them up
    THAT DAY, sometimes its 2 or 3, depends how nasty the bitch is feeling.. Lots of Amazon packages
    got sent back at X-mas.. Bitch.

In Hatch, they'll hang onto them for a month.

Our primary PO Box is the same one that the better half's parents had had since the late 60's.. So
    the better half always got her mail there too, even though its a seperate house, her Dad would pick
    it up on the way home from White Sands. After her parents died, we got the overflow box because her
    Dad wasn't picking it up everyday.. My name is on the OVERFLOW box.

So, I had some documents that I NEEDED and couldn't send elsewhere for "reasons". Just to make sure,
    cuz I know the Swamp Witch is a Bitch, My Name, C/O Her Name.. The F'n bitch sent all the documents I
    needed back multiple times because they had another name on them besides the name on the primary box..
    Even though the primary box is linked to the over flow box with my name on it... Bitch!!!

It turned into a big fight, The Swamp Witch wanted death certificates and all kinds of BS.... My better
    half spent over an hour in there arguing with her.. And she is really the last person you'd want to get
    in a fight with.. She goes from "nice" to "mean scary BITCH" in about 2.6 seconds... That same day
    that my better half was in there, I was talking to the nice lady that runs the Hatch post office, and she
    made a phone call for me (I was also having my PO box keys changed for "reasons").. She explained to the
    Swamp Witch "How this works".. What 'C/O' means, etc....

Long story short, my name is now on the primary box, and the only problem we have is the Swamp Witch randomly
    sends packages back when ever she feels like it.

Just pointing out an example of GOOD postal folks, and SHITTY, BITCHY, MISERABLE, SWAMP WITCH postal folks...

The lady in Hatch has gone above and beyond for me a few times... A package I NEEDED was dropped off at
    another post office up the road.. She told me, "I'll take care of it".. She did, she called the other
    post office, made sure it was going to get on the right truck etc... And then called me.. She's Awesome!!!
    She's kind of cute too.

4. Likes Steven-Canada liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was kicked out of Fedex a couple weeks ago, doubt I will go back.

It all started a couple months ago after Fedex instituted a new policy that if you pay with a CC they want to SCAN your ID. I handed over DL then got sidetracked with inane questions about what I was shipping, and they forgot to return DL. A month later I went to ship another package and they asked for DL, that is when I realised it was missing, but clerk was willing to forgo it and process the order anyways. About halfway thru another clerk notices me and pipes up "hey, we have your drivers license, you forgot it last time, I'll go get it" and scurries off to the back. A few minutes later he returns and explains that they can only keep ID's for 30 days and my DL has been destroyed.

Shipped several packages over the next month and they had no problem doing it, knowing they had destroyed my ID. So a few weeks ago I go to ship another item and they ask for ID again (same employee that has been doing it sans ID), he asks for ID and I show it, but refuse to hand it over, he gets snitty because it HAS TO BE SCANNED, that is where I started to lose it. He keeps saying it is policy and pointing to the sign, I say BS, you've been doing it without my ID because you destroyed it, I've been shipping here for 20 years, you all know me. I guess the final straw was when I called him a nazi

6. Likes Bobw, stephen thomas liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For a rust inhibitor just dip your parts in Future floor wax. It dries hard ans shiny.

I have never had problems with USPS staff but I rarely go to the PO. My main complaint is with fairly heavy stuff sent in a flat rate box. They are always beat to hell when I get them. I got a D'Andrea boring head with parts broken. I got a set of 2-4-6 blocks that were damaged and useless despite being in the manufacturer's packaging inside the flat rate box. I suspect that USPS employees are trying to discourage shipping heavy stuff in flat rate boxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobw View Post
    There are some things that you can say, that will quickly stop people from asking you questions....

Quick story.. Many moons ago, ROAD TRIP!!!! From Massoftwoshits, wandered about the country, a few
    nights in Vegas, cruised up the CA coast, Oregon, Washington and continued on up to Alaska.. Came
    back across BC, into Alberta and south into Montana...

At the Border Crossing.. I didn't even think about it.. Grateful Dead stickers on the car, wearing
    a Grateful Dead shirt and a Phish hat.. I don't remember what the girl friend had on, but it was similar..

"Sir can you pull over to that big building where those nice gentlemen will help you?"

What he meant by "Help" is go through my entire car and all of our luggage, EVERYTHING.. They even
    dug in the peanut butter that had gotten hot in the car and settled back flat.. The whole underside,
    under the dash, looking under the carpets.. The whole time (45 minutes) explaining to me how much
    jail time I can get... They weren't "Jerks", but they were a little pushy...

Luggage for a 3 week ROADTRIP!!!!! was all over the ground... And they got to my girlfriends clothes
    bag.. And they are feeling up EVERY SINGLE thing.. And they get to a sock.. And there is something
    in it.... And they start telling me about how much jail time I'm going to get... And they ask her
    whats in the sock... And she wasn't the most forceful girl (unless she was pissed at me), and she
    says "Well... Ummm.. Sir... Its a.... Ummmm. Well.... Ummm.. A.... MASSAGER"... As she
    says 'massager', the guy finally looks in the sock....

All 3 agents went BEET RED.. They all started throwing stuff back in my car, 45 seconds.. "Thank
    You Sir, have a nice day"... And we were OUTTA THERE...

The lesson here is, next time they push you about "Machined parts".. Just blurt out
    "Dildos and Butt Plugs"... It really is amazing how dis-arming that phrase is..
    I've used it a couple of times in my life. Then you throw on that "Eddy Haskel" grin, raise
    your eyebrows, and say "Is there anything else you would like to know"?
    A girl had made multiple visits in Mexico with no trouble with the Border patrol until one day she had a backpack, which got searched down to the last corner.

Three of us rode our Indians from Brownsville to Panajachel, Guatemala and back. The old guy who organized the expedition was on his 11th Mexican motorcycle tour as well as countless on four wheels. He made the third guy shave his beard. "I ain't going through customs with no hippie." We looked like just what we were, motorcycle bums, and had no trouble. Appearances do make a difference when dealing with border guards.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As noted sometimes you just have to say no.
    So the clerk gets a job and a script to follow.
    Answer wrong to the scripted question and you have a problem.
    If they don't follow the script as printed they can have a problem and learn what is like to stand in the unemployment line.

Don't blame the person enforcing the rules he/she did not write.
    Should they really risk loosing their job by saying, that's OK?
    How can you expect a person with this job to even know what a SDS sheet is let alone read one?
    They get handed black and white rules with no gray area.

In the early days of PCD I would insure boxes going UPS as the value per box was high for us, $30,000+ for a shoebox.
    You had to write the contents on the sticky that went on the box so we put "diamond cutting tools".
    The local UPS manager stopped by and asked me not to put the word diamond on the label as it would make our box a target.

Sometimes discretion and a realization of the intent of the question is more important than being outright truthful.
    The nazi was just doing his/her job.
    Trying to explain that it is not a problem only frustrates both sides involved.

I WD-40 dip and coat, dry under a heat lamp for a day, wrap in wax craft paper or put in plastic tubes.
    I'm sure I'm bending some rules but it would not be the first time and it won't be the last.

Mostly I just can't be mad at your local Post Office desk person. You did kind of stick him/her in a no win situation.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post

In the early days of PCD I would insure boxes going UPS as the value per box was high for us, $30,000+ for a shoebox.
    You had to write the contents on the sticky that went on the box so we put "diamond cutting tools".
    The local UPS manager stopped by and asked me not to put the word diamond on the label as it would make our box a target.

Bob
    So if a crook decided to ship a handgun, in like manner, he could call it an "equalizer". LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Its weird. I got stuff from Shars last year, had enough oil on them to make salad dressing. Didn't hear a peep from the PO. I mean, the flat rate box was stained with the stuff. Maybe order some stuff from them and open it up in front of the clerk?