What's new
What's new

Posting pics

wheelieking71

Diamond
Anybody know what is going on with the picture function of PM.
I can't post pics any more. I figured it was my computer.
Then, noticed a few other people state its not working for them any more either?
Yet, lots of people are still posting away. So, what gives?

I have not been able to post pics reliably for a couple of weeks, sometimes I have to do it 6-8 times, sometimes I have to close and reload PM, other times it won't work.

How is it failing? What happens when you click the picture icon and try browsing and then uploading?

Go through the motions as normal. Then, when you are prompted to click "upload file" (and click it) it boots you back to your reply like you never clicked the pic icon.

All I have really done to trouble shoot this was run C-cleaner on this machine to delete cookies and browsing history (and junk).
I don't know what else to do. I am a tech retard. Not good with computers at all.

Go through the motions as normal. Then, when you are prompted to click "upload file" (and click it) it boots you back to your reply like you never clicked the pic icon.

All I have really done to trouble shoot this was run C-cleaner on this machine to delete cookies and browsing history (and junk).
I don't know what else to do. I am a tech retard. Not good with computers at all.

What browser are you using? Is it current? Do you have any ad-blocker or other add-ons running that could interfere?

M-Head Diagram.jpg [done the regular way on Firefox]

Weirdly enough, I have the same issue when using Firefox, but am able to post them on Chrome. I have the same problem trying to post pics at weldingweb, with the same solution (switch to Chrome), which seems to use the same forum software, so it doesn't seem to be PM specific.

It must be a browser setting. When I got a new PC over the winter, I've had a few different sites start acting weird due to browser settings differing on my new 'puter from the old one.

Chrome, it says it is up to date. Hell yes I am running Adblock! Have you ever tried to watch youtube without it? LOL

Do you have Firefox? If not, maybe download it and try it - at worst, just use it for PM if you don't want to load all the add-ons you have on Chrome.

Would be nice for someone to come up with a utility that automatically tests compatibility with a website. Maybe there is, but I've not come across one.

Back