What's new
What's new

Powermatic Millrite MVN spindle speeds

woodchuck57

Plastic
Hello all. I'm totally new to milling and need some help with a used machine.
How do I change the speeds after adjusting the pulley to one of the 6 positions.
I should be able to get 8 different speeds out of the 6 spindle positions, right?20220111_143428.jpg20220111_143428.jpg20220111_143458.jpg20220111_143445.jpg20220111_102848.jpg

The speed chart was used on all models. You have to look at the motor plate for the rpm of the motor installed on your machine. Those are your 6 available speeds. To change speeds, you loosen the bolts that hold the motor in place, slide it toward the spindle, move the belt, slide motor back and tighten the bolts.

Looks like 1200 rpm is standard (std) for the motor speed, so look at your motor tag where it says Leeson and see what rpm it is, then you can read the chart.

There's 5 possible motor speeds.. including another 1200 rpm motor has a 4 spd reducer.

If you have the standard motor, your speed range is 3440-260 rpm.

I had one of these mills not long ago the belt guard is a PIA best thing to do is put a VFD on the mill so you don't have to screw with the belt guard as often Ken

Just FYI, there is a site on YAHOO! that caters to Burk mills that is very helpful.

Yep, but moved to groups.io: <[email protected]>

I have a MVI, which is very similar. As mentioned above, there are only six speeds available by moving the belt, for a given motor. I have a 3-phase 1200 RPM motor, driven by a VFD (in turn fed by 220 Vac single phase), so I rarely move the belt.

Last edited:

Yep: <[email protected]>

I have a MVI, which is very similar. As mentioned above, there are only six speeds available by moving the belt, for a given motor. I have a 3-phase 1200 RPM motor, driven by a VFD (in turn fed by 220 Vac single phase), so I rarely move the belt.

I have a 3 phase motor and VFD on mine as well. Its a great set up.

Back