Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

copper is a beautiful metal to work with. It wants to be shaped. One of my favorites, ok maybe my favorite.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The final result. The smashed down section was right about where the tubing is going through the last wood hole. And the slight bend on the right tube had to be done to clear the strut. I ran the compressor this morning and the coil is pretty hot at the top end, too hot to touch. The bottom is cold. About 2/3 down from the top is the boundary between barely warm and stone cold. There is also drops of moisture collecting in the black filter bowl.

dsc_0973.jpg

3. Likes memphisjed liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

when do the first jars roll off the line?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If it works as well as it looks, you're in the money. Good job.

Stuart

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This was the original connection (1/2" tube with small check valve) from head to tank. Got too hot to touch.

dsc_0983.jpg

The new stuff with 50 feet of 7/8" copper with 1" NPT check valve. The black filter was a Wilkerson coalescing unit with a differential pressure indicator on top. I modified the internal arrangement with a new down tube and screw on end cap with stainless scrub pads sitting on the tube.

dsc_0973.jpg

dsc_0979.jpg

The air filter had to be rotated a few degrees for clearance. I need to compress the coil at least another 2 inches to fix that.
    The wood is only temporary anyway and I am going to try a little tighter spacing pattern.

I tried for large pictures. The coil is 25" tall and the black filter is 16" tall.

Like to ask if anybody has a way to pick numbers for ramp up and ramp down times for motor control when driving a compressor? My VFD has default times equal to 10 seconds.
    Last edited by rons; 06-22-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Made closer spaced supports to compress the coil further from 25 to 22 inches.

dsc_0999.jpg

I didn't want a system attached to the wall with piping all over the place. Especially a long 25 foot run (25 foot slope to drain and then back 25 feet to manifold).
    Everything is mounted on a 4 foot strut. The regulator on the left is for blowing air. The regulator on the right is for paint guns.

dsc_1002.jpg

I replaced the 1/2" valve and lines to 1 inch stainless tube.

dsc_0997.jpg

The original oil level micro-switch had its points welded together. It was in series with the contact coil. So much for 120vac switching. I'm using low voltage now.

dsc_1004.jpg
    Last edited by rons; 06-26-2019 at 05:50 AM.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I removed the original pressure switch box and replaced it with a SMC digital pressure gauge. It will provide the on/off signal to a VFD or micro-controller board.

dsc_0996.jpg

The VFD. I should have cleaned it up before the picture to disguise it's age. Oh well, I have to say it is used and was made in 2006.

dsc_2000.jpg