Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A couple years ago I bought a 3-pack of CA in a resealable plastic pouch at Dollar Tree for $1. 1.5 tubes are left, still soft and usable. Pouch and contents are stored upright in a corner of the workbench.

Pissed me off when I needed a small can of PVC cement and in typical Lowes fashion was forced to buy the big expensive can. Wrapped this can in a heavy baggie and stored it in the refrigerator. Been a couple years with this as well and it's still good.

Whatever it is, bag it up and store it upright in a refrigerator.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adama View Post
    Over here loctite do little 1 gram tubes that come in a pack of 3, its the best answer i have found to always having it on hand and usable.
    #2 on that except I pick it up from Lidl at weekly shop time. Comes round 3 or 4 times a year with the DIY stuff this week offers. Cheaper and seems to be as good as the branded ones. Stores for a year or more in the fridge after opening too. Nowhere within 10 miles of here to get proper engineering anything, and even then pretty limited despite Crowborough being pretty much the largest inland town in East Sussex.

Clive

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have CA glue that I have kept in my freezer at -18 Cel. for 5-6 years now.
    Just take it out 2-3 minutes before use, and back again after use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yup, freezer and cap up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I hven't looked lately but ebay had Korean labeled Loctite 401 for way below US prices. Most of it was coming from Korea but I found a US seller. Henkel/Loctite has plants in many countries. There is a decoder for the production number on the Henkel site. My Korean Loctite was made in their Dublin, Ireland plant and the date code was fairly recent. I've read their Chinese stuff is OK, too. They list 401 as good for difficult surfaces. It is good general purpose product. They have several others for all kinds of specialized uses. Interesting reading.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tried putting a tube in a Ziploc bag. Went to use it about 2 weeks later and thru it out. I don't use this glue often , I just throw the hardened tube out and open another.