What's new
What's new

Press Brake Help - Cybelec Controls

Adamimal

Plastic
Hi folks new here, been a lurker for a long time. You guys got some great information.

Looking for some help with our CNC press brake. Seeking someone really knowledgeable with Cybelec CNC press brake controls.

Our machine is a newer MVD primeline with a Cybelec 880S controls system with integrated Modeva RA. It's a sweet machine but has a little software glitch that gets the ram stuck in the up position when it can't do proper initialization, zeroing. I might have goofed up the limits trying to be too smart and pokeing around with the service admin password. We've reached out to the service guys for the machine and they are booked up for weeks. :angry: Of course were right in the middle of some big jobs with no forming capabilities.

Hence in a jam and looking for someone who is really knows the Cybelec systems and could come out and get us going again.

Anyone got somebody in their network that they would recommend and is available?

I am not a Cybelec 880S controls expert, however I do CNC repair if wanted to, send some schematics and maint Lit. (or a link) and I may be able give some suggestions on some things to check.

New machine down and service is 2 weeks away? I would light a fire under somebody. Of course if they know you messed around in the wrong area you need to light a fire under yourself for not taking notes. I snap plenty of phone picks when changing things past the admin password.

Cybelic control made by Delem? Delem control with Cybelic name? Light curtains do not do anything on my machine when referencing, but worth a check. Do they match the punch?
Also try referencing the ram with a different program to be run, doing this at startup. If you have a program with an extra long punch the machine may not like it. Remove that punch before referencing the machine.
You know this but needs to be repeated. Check that tooling matches the program before stepping on the crunch pedal.

Check the little light on the proximity switch, then find the little light on the plc that comes on at TDC, if they light then the machines ignoring the input possible in the software but knowing a tit about the software is irrelevant, the damn thing should register TDC and it isn’t, could a pause be inserted, probably, it could well be waiting as told to
Mark

Back