What's new
What's new

Press brake - Rafter Machine Co Belleville NJ maker or importer?

Rob F.

Diamond
I was randomly perusing the interwebs earlier and came accross a machine that I had no clue about so tried to do a little searching on the company and came up with a big nothing-burger.
I saw a press brake of decent size (12 ft bed & 20 hp motor) that looks to be made by the Rafter Machine Co, Belleville NJ
Finding almost no info in a quick online search left me baffled as this press brake looks cast so not a one off, welded, fly by night company....
Any insight into the company weather they actually made these in New Jersey of simply imported them would be eye opening. The lines of the machine do not look like classic American iron to me.

Here is a pic:
s-l1600-4.jpg

A lot of welded press brakes are very high quality.....cast brakes tend to simply be older designs. That can mean 'stout' but it can also mean 'worn out by now' and 'needlessly heavy and big' and 'slower'.

Here's an awesome CD&K welded brake...Rice CDK Press Brake.jpg

I have no problem with a welded brake. It was a little surprising to me to find an "unknown" brand that was made from castings. Castings, to me anyway, usually mean large quantity of them, where are they?

Back