What's new
What's new

Pressure washer rebuild kit for Landa P610 pump

Bill D

Diamond
I have a LAnda P610 pump direct drive from a TEFC motor. I need to rebuild it or at least replace the cylinder seals since I get water in the crankcase. Problem is Landa website has no info on this unit at all. It may be the pump was made by someone else? If I measure the cylinder diameter can I use seals from another maker? Are there industry standards?
All the replacement pumps I can find are for gas engines which have more hp. My electric motor is only one horsepower since it is 120 volt.
Bill D.

I guess the answer is I have to open up the pump and measure. It would cost over $1,000 to replace the entire unit so under $100 for possible parts sounds like a good chance.
Bill D.

Before investing in any parts I would remove the valve body from the pump and inspect the plungers. The plungers are either ceramic coated steel or full ceramic. If the pump has a lot of hours on it and the plungers are the older ceramic coated steel there is a good chance the ceramic layer is breaking off the steel body.

If the plungers have started to deteriorate there's a good chance the bores in the valve body have been scored. By the time you purchase all the repair parts necessary most times you could have purchased a complete new pump assembly for less money.

If you determine a new pump would be a better alternative I would shop around a bit. Prices from original manufacturers are often considerably more expensive than from competing vendors.

I went through the same scenario a couple years ago with a TEM pressure washer pump. It's similar to yours in that has a 1.5 hp 120/240 volt single phase TEFC electric motor with a directly coupled C face 1800 psi pump. The pump started to leak so I called the manufacturer to inquire about a seal kit. Since my machine was originally purchased in the early 1990's they cautioned me to do a disassembly and inspection before ordering any parts. In my case the plungers were the older ceramic on steel and they had started to deteriorate.

A new pump from the manufacturer was a little over $800.00. The same model pump from an online vendor was less than half the price.

Back