What's new
What's new

Pricing Guidelines

jrc22ski

Plastic
New to the forum.

Looking for advice on pricing of machine too equipment for evaluation work.

Thank you.

New to the forum.

Thank you.

????
How about giving a LOT more information and some actual details on what type of equipment and for what use?

Your post is far too vague and open ended.

Must be the Wanker Spammer from Floriduh is back (Johngeek)....
Or tag teaming to get the linky on here again.

Last edited:
I'd say it has to be priced low enough but not so low people think it's junk and priced high enough but not so high they think you are trying to rip them off. A key tester is what the market has paid for the same or almost similar unit preferably in the same condition as yours, or as close as possible. Another thing we should touch on is astetics, a filthy machine, no matter how good it works, may come off to some as the machine is junk and you will get low-ball prices. Conversely a machine that is spotless and shows little wear could put people off as they will wonder what is wrong that it wasn't used or was prettied up. Having machines under power is a big deal as it allows the customer to see just what is in front of you...this may get you more money. Offer demos if their parts and or materials. Be honest and upfront and you will be able to get a reasonable price for you and the buyer...good luck!

New to the forum.

Thank you.

I advise you to set the price at what you are willing to pay and see if anyone will sell it to you for that. You should be willing to pay more for evaluation equipment than you would for production equipment, and you should also be willing to pay more for operators that evaluate than for production workers.

Larry

I advise you to set the price at what you are willing to pay and see if anyone will sell it to you for that. You should be willing to pay more for evaluation equipment than you would for production equipment, and you should also be willing to pay more for operators that evaluate than for production workers.

Larry
Like this ?
YouTube

Assuming that this is a serious question, it is far, far too vague to obtain any decent answer.

"machine too equipment" Another assumption is needed here: that probably was supposed to be "machine tool equipment". I would strongly suggest that you proof read your posts BEFORE hitting that SAVE button: I do that all the time. Anyway, "machine tool equipment" covers a lot of territory. Could be anything from a simple drill press or metal cutting saw that would cost less than $100 up to the latest and greatest, CNC equipment that could be priced in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not more. With no more information I could say $50 to $50,000,000.

And then there is "for evaluation work". At least you spelled that correctly. But you omitted simple details, like WHAT are you evaluating? Rocket parts for NASA? Medical items for brain surgery? Dresses? Or even those machine tools themselves?

What the heck are you trying to do?

And just what "machine tools" do you expect to need for that work?

New to the forum.

Thank you.

Another assumption is needed here: that probably was supposed to be "machine tool equipment".

Hmmm ... could be that there is a new movement, parallel to the "me too" movement: the "machine too" movement, which seeks to evaluate (expose and address) abuse of machines. Based on some of the equipment I have seen at auctions over the years, this movement is long overdue.

:)

Back