What's new
What's new

Problem with drilling

hamidjahan

Plastic
Hello Engineers. We are building a cylindrical device with a diameter of 5 cm and a length of approximately 20 cm. Its alloy is aluminum. This cylinder should be made of three holes with a diameter of 3 mm and an approximate depth of half a centimeter from the inside. In such a way that the holes do not come out of the body of the cylinder and the body of the cylinder is not perforated. What is your suggestion for such a thing? What tools can I use to do this? Thank you for guiding me.

Think I would drill holes with a dremel with 90degree attachment that would fit in the bore of the cylinder.You need something to equally space the holes.So turn a collar to fit in bore.Lock in place with couple grub screws

It's very simple, you get your country to release and repatriate all the foreign hostages and prisoners it's holding on trumped up charges, and we'll consider helping you with your problem.

This is completely different. I'm just a producer and I prefer not to get into these issues. I just want to help you engineers build tools or equipment to make it easier to do this.

Sounds difficult to do, with the inside diameter of the cylinder being what: 30mm?

Could you redesign and make a sleeve to go over the outside diameter after the holes are drilled in a conventional manner. Aluminum tubing of various sizes is available, turn one to fit the other and shrink fit together.

Are Americans legally allowed to give advice to people in Iran?
This is a friendly help from you to me. I do not know the laws of the United States of America. We are all human beings and live on a common planet and we are all the same.

This is a friendly help from you to me. I do not know the laws of the United States of America. We are all human beings and live on a common planet and we are all the same.

But you have large masses chanting "Death To America" and your people torture & kill our people.

And yet, we have many Iranians living comfortably in OUR country, in safety.

YOU deal with it.

I just asked you for an idea. And I have nothing to do with politics and stateless relations. I am a citizen, producer and craftsman.

Back