What's new
What's new

Problem editing posts?

Rob F.

Diamond
I noticed that it is no longer possible to edit a post once it has been made. Thought it may have been my computer but several other people have had same problems as mentioned in another thread.
My experience is that if you hit edit you can go and change the post but when you click on save changes nothing happens, even after a long wait. The only way I found to get off that screen is back arrow. I also noticed emojiis not working .

I noticed that it is no longer possible to edit a post once it has been made. Thought it may have been my computer but several other people have had same problems as mentioned in another thread.
My experience is that if you hit edit you can go and change the post but when you click on save changes nothing happens, even after a long wait. The only way I found to get off that screen is back arrow. I also noticed emojiis not working .

Same here. Tried it without success on my post to Forrest's thread about storage boxes, but only succeeded in putting up a double post, for which I apologize.

There seem to be a number of other changes to PM, all of which may appear small to most but I find them annoying. The plain Reply button as opposed to reply with quote is gone, I now seem to have to log in manually each visit, the onscreen type is smaller and greyer (am I imagining that?), and a couple of other things. And then there is the cookie banner. The part of that one that gets me is: "By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree to the use of cookies."

-Marty-

Yesterday I was unable to reply in any manner to anything. I use IE 11 and I thought it was me, but magically I can reply today. The reply box would be created, but the cursor could not enter the box.

It's interesting that we all seem to be having different experiences. Like mine doesn't read the "Carriage Return" button after I hit "Submit Post", although it looks fine while I type it out.No editing as well.No editing menu above with color, font, size, bold, underline, etc... either. I'm on Chrome. ---------------------------Think Snow Eh!Ox

In the last day I to get the 'no edit' hang. Also, line breaks don't make it into the post....the post ends up as one big paragraph. I've tried a couple of browsers and clearing cookies, no luck. edit - ok, if you right click on edit and open as a new window...edit works, but carriage return doesn't, a pita

In the last day I to get the 'no edit' hang. Also, line breaks don't make it into the post....the post ends up as one big paragraph. I've tried a couple of browsers and clearing cookies, no luck. edit - ok, if you right click on edit and open as a new window...edit works, but carriage return doesn't, a pita
Yesterday I was unable to reply with quote, text box was just greyed out.

Today seems to work.

Not able to edit prev post though. Save and advanced buttons do nothing...

I admire the computer savvy of many of the members here, and wish I had a comparable skill set. About all I know, however, is that a lot of things have gone south with PM, and as Ox has noted they may be different for different members. One post that caught my eye said that PracticalMan's name was "Jessica". Is that true? When I looked at what I could access of her member info, there was no name that I could find. It did, however, seem to be the case that "PracticalMan has not made any friends yet", which is no surprise at all, and that we have sent her only 35 messages, the most recent being several years ago, which I find hard to believe.

-Marty-

Not able to edit prev post though. Save and advanced buttons do nothing...
As someone else mentioned before, if you open the "edit" button in a "new tab" then you can actually edit the post. This has werked for me at least. -------------------------- Think Snow Eh! Ox

One post that caught my eye said that PracticalMan's name was "Jessica". Is that true? When I looked at what I could access of her member info, there was no name that I could find. It did, however, seem to be the case that "PracticalMan has not made any friends yet", which is no surprise at all, and that we have sent her only 35 messages, the most recent being several years ago, which I find hard to believe.

"PracticalMan is a job, "Supermoderator", not necessarily a specific person. Milacron used it himself "back in the day" when "Admin5" was not powerful enough to do something w/r site configuration or management. Person-specific profile info would not be appropriate.

HE told us when a staff member was added and that is was a She not a He. IOW - never was a mystery about that.

"Jessica" is how the current incumbent of that control console seat signs her PM's and out-of-band emails.

Above my current pay grade to confirm genders. If even it mattered. Or if even I still remembered how!
:)

On the other point; "Messages" are not "PM's"

They are the visible-to-all sticky-notes one member chooses to post to another in public AND NOT as a "PM", AKA P(rivate) M(essage).

As someone else mentioned before, if you open the "edit" button in a "new tab" then you can actually edit the post. This has werked for me at least. -------------------------- Think Snow Eh! Ox
This does not seem to work with the latest FF. Tried it today, and it sat forever, same as it does if you simply hit the edit button. A second try to see if it works..... if you see this it did. Apparently you MUST right click on the edit button. Actually opening a new tab DOES NOT work. Of course the formatting problem is still present, everything is smashed together into one big paragraph as far as I can see

PM development team here - we are aware of the issue and are working to fix it.We ask for your patience during this time.Thanks,PM

Patience?This is instant gratification world that we live in currently.Let's get it together already!(wink)--------------------Think Snow Eh!Ox

Back