What's new
What's new

proposed new rule for general forum

I think that access should be inversely proportional to your number of posts. For example 10 posts would require a 10 second interval between posts. 30000 posts would require a 30000 second interval between posts.
I'm an atheist but I think we could attain heaven on the General Forum.

I think that access should be inversely proportional to your number of posts. For example 10 posts would require a 10 second interval between posts. 30000 posts would require a 30000 second interval between posts.
I'm an atheist but I think we could attain heaven on the General Forum.

That is ridiculous. If I need help I want the guy helping me to be able to post as much as he needs to get it through my thick skull.

Brent

Last edited:
Some people like to talk here. Is that really a bad thing?
See your POV on noise but your view of heaven may be different than others.
Strange as it may be some may like the noise and weird or off comments.
Nothing worse than a "structured" meeting where talk is not allowed to move outside the bounds a bit.

It does seem that your and other's frustration in this matter is building and that is of very valid concern.
Bob

Make up all the rules you want.

Enforcement, and equal enforcement at that....will never happen.

BTW you doo know whom has one of the highest post counts doo you ?

BTW you doo know whom has one of the highest post counts doo you ?

Would one of those up there be digger doug?
Never afraid to speak his mind and confrontational at times but not too over the top.
:cheers:... gotta love it

Some censorship or rules in general makes sense but how and what and whose idea of okay and not?
This always a problem in a big meeting. How far, are the rules rigid, when do you in charge step in and if needed on?
Bob

I see no problem with a experienced hand answering a question then going to another thread and answering a completely different question right the next minute. What if they post a response then realize they should expand their answer or correct it. If I have to wait a few days I would forget and never correct my answer that I forgot about the need for clarification by the time editing is allowed.
Bill D.

eight hours is longer then most here can dedicate to this site each day.

Notice this is a new response in under eight hours:
If I compose a new response or try to add a correction and I lose all that typing since it has been less then eight hours. I would gradually respond to less and less since I can not keep track of the window of time to respond. So gradually all inputs, good or bad, will die off.
BILL D

The foul language and the insults need to be cleaned up, this place has definitely changed and not for the better.

The foul language and the insults need to be cleaned up, this place has definitely changed and not for the better.

I agree there. In 08 Don/Milacron gave me a 7 day suspension for a political avatar on here. At the time we were both working together at Continental and he still gave me the suspension! Fast forward to me spending a few years in China with PM being blocked in my area without VPN and I was totally shocked at the General content when I got to Hong Kong.

Some people like to talk here. Is that really a bad thing?
See your POV on noise but your view of heaven may be different than others.
Strange as it may be some may like the noise and weird or off comments.
Nothing worse than a "structured" meeting where talk is not allowed to move outside the bounds a bit.

It does seem that your and other's frustration in this matter is building and that is of very valid concern.
Bob

Perhaps something could be added to the title line by the OP if things have to be kept only to the business at hand, not this guy but something similar :codger:

We could try to respect that kind of like we do when we are around grandma

While we're on about garbage, seems that in this regard you've taken after that idiot thermite lately. It adds nothing and subtracts a lot.

To be fair, I think I actually DID get the memo that the giant turtle on whose back the entire universe is supported had expired and left you "Master Of the Finite Universe" AKA "MOFU".

Or perhaps it was just something that sounded like it?

Can't claim to have paid any mind to it, though.

Get a short ton of junk mail these days....

:(

There are only a few here that really blather, and a few of them, no matter what the thread topic is, will change the topic and start arguing and insulting each other. Why not just deal with the problem directly and there will be no need for new rules.

There are only a few here that really blather, and a few of them, no matter what the thread topic is, will change the topic and start arguing and insulting each other. Why not just deal with the problem directly and there will be no need for new rules.

Nature of a "stone soup party" that not all contributions have value to all who might be in need of nourishment. Technical guidance. Free research. Challenge to self-improve. Motivation in business. Entertainment, even.

PM has forums that enable vegetarians to avoid the meats and such.

And an "ignore" feature, such that NO ONE .. is "forced" to consume a damned thing! At all.

Which means only professional WHINERS with nought else of value to occupy THEIR time, actually have an issue that is above minor screen annoyance level.

Traffic of your CHOICE flows right around the edges of any put on ignore.

Don't like others quoting those you "ignore"? Put them on "ignore" as well.

ISTR there are chemicals one can ingest that can even make the entire cruel world vanish in one go? Some of them permanently?

Might want to be careful what you wish for?

Meanwhile...

The ADULTS in the room simply take what is of use to THEM, bypass the rest - even if NOT on "ignore'.

Too damned hard?

So it seems. For many, it obviously can be.

Such is life in the stagnant backwaters of any swamp, PM the least of our worries.

Most folks JFDWT..

As with many OTHER things in an active and varied life.
Presuming they HAVE such?

About the DUMBEST thing seen is the offendalista snowflake thinking that some episode of petty sniveling is actually going to have any effect whatsoever on any other entity that is oblivious to "snowflakism" to begin with.

Go figure they "just don't get it" that active folk are not their collective "mommy", don't have time nor inclination to give the least damn about their infantile butt-hurts, let alone "kiss them to make it better."

Don't like it? Don't read it.

:(

Deputize a panel of members for varying periods of time which can decide which posts need deleting , or warnings given, or closing threads. Any of them can be removed or replaced at any time given complaints unless they are following rules or the reasonable intent of the rules.

If a thread is very much a big row then dedicate a section to OT threads which might be named something like the cage. This fair warning and so persons who wish to avoid the extremes we are talking about can avoid them staying out of that section.

Just banish those threads to exile. Call the section
OT The Badlands or something.

Each mod could have a a handle for mod only so that no one will be prejudiced of who would be a temp mod.

It may very well be the case that this will cut things way down. They can be like The Texas Rangers. :D

Back