What's new
What's new

Proth Surface Grinder, what is this blower or?

Cannonmn

Stainless
The blower? Or whatever is built into the same separate box as what appears to be the coolant pump (small motor.). The manual neither pictures nor seems to mention this device, with large motor on top. Some Proth sg’s come with these and some with only the more familiar-looking coolant pump on a separate box. What does it do please? There are separate on-off switches for the two motors on this box.EB623277-AD5E-4FCD-ABBA-61A0D4EBD4DD.jpg

Dry grind swarf extractor, should be a laberynth spark interception box in front of the fan (bugger to clean out)
Mark

Dry grind swarf extractor, should be a laberynth spark interception box in front of the fan (bugger to clean out)
Mark

Thanks, maybe u could explain something. There are two male fittings on top of this pump/blower box, one is larger dia. Like 2.5”, and has a harpoon-type small-dia. male hose fitting near its base. The other male hose fitting is a bit smaller dia. (2”?) With no other fittings on it. My grinder, a model psg-3060 AP, takes 7” wheel. The only drain hose Fitting on it comes off bottom Left rear corner of the tray, and is obviously for liquid coolant draining only. Where would one connect another hose to make use of the dry swarf extractor, maybe there’s an accessory I don’t have.

Last edited:
I have your exact model proth grinder (7" wheel) and the larger one(12" wheel). Shoot me a pm and I'll send you pictures of the setup.

80A4C153-33EE-4FC4-9763-1834FF2268B7.jpgThanks for the photo, I’ll post it here, this is the first pic I’ve seen of the complete dust collection system. The dust unit/coolant pump unit is on left. Several other pictures I’ve found of Proth grinders for sale, show only the mounting holes from which the dust pickup horn was removed.

Back