What's new
What's new

Quality Measurement systems Quality 800 DRO Dying

int3man

Plastic
Hi all,
The Quality Measurement Systems Head, Quality 800 DRO, is dying on one of our Harrison M300 1340 lathes. It is the Display unit that is dying. I saw on more modern DRO heads, where adapters could be purchased to convert the round pin connectors to a D9 pin arrangement.

My question is are the scales compatible with the modern DRO Displays? Or are we committed to purchasing a new sysem complete?

I assume that these are Glass scales but again I don't know.

5V or 12 v feeds a light bulb and away they go?

Any one know of a manual for this sucker?

TIA
Michael

New Head

Hi all,
The Quality Measurement Systems Head, Quality 800 DRO, is dying on one of our Harrison M300 1340 lathes. It is the Display unit that is dying. I saw on more modern DRO heads, where adapters could be purchased to convert the round pin connectors to a D9 pin arrangement.

My question is are the scales compatible with the modern DRO Displays? Or are we committed to purchasing a new sysem complete?

I assume that these are Glass scales but again I don't know.

5V or 12 v feeds a light bulb and away they go?

Any one know of a manual for this sucker?

TIA
Michael

O.K. So Plan B Acu-Rite works with Glass scales so I may purchase a new DRO head and use my existing scales. Any one have a manual for a Quality DRO??

Thanks
Michael

DRO Cable needed

why not just send it somewhere and get it fixed. mine is currently down with a couple broken capacitors $1 each part
Did some more trouble shooting and have determined that the cable is faulty between the DRO Head and the Sending unit. 10 minutes on eBay and I found a suitable donor extension cable.

Thanks

Michael

Quality 800 DRO Dying

Did some more trouble shooting and have determined that the cable is faulty between the DRO Head and the Sending unit. 10 minutes on eBay and I found a suitable donor extension cable.

Thanks

Michael
So I persisted and found the Previous West Coast Engineering Representative for Quality Systems. He was kind enough to tell me that my issue looked like a tuning issue with the reader head. It has to be set with an oscilloscope. So all is not lost. He also shared the instructions on how to set the reader heads up along with the installation instructions.

Michael :- )

Back