What's new
What's new

Need recommendation for shops that do full rebuild/restore of a schaublin 70 in SoCal

longtrek

Plastic
Hi Everyone,

First post.

Want to know if anyone can recommend a shop or place that can do full rebuild/restore a schaublin 70 lathe. Located in SoCal area. I know SoCal is a big area, but I am willing to drive around SoCal if the shop is good.

I want to buy a schaublin 70 lathe locally in SoCal, but the condition is pretty rough. I want to rebuild/retore it to pretty much look like new. I tried to search some shops with some reputation but either I am not searching correctly or there aren't many. I am trying to get an idea of cost to factor in negotiations for the lathe. I already asked the seller and he doesn't know anyone he can recommend.

Thanks.

If you don't mind shipping it you may be able to get Don (the site owner here) to restore it. I saw a Shaublin he did for the owner of Continental Field Systems Trophy room and it was sweet.

If you don't mind shipping it you may be able to get Don (the site owner here) to restore it. I saw a Shaublin he did for the owner of Continental Field Systems Trophy room and it was sweet.

Can you point me to his name on the forum? Thanks.

Back