What's new
What's new

Quick change tool post holder ?

NRFJR

Plastic
I have a simple question for everyone, which is the better quick change tool post holder, the piston type or wedge type. Thanks in advance for all responses.

It has been discussed several times ad nauseum.

Please consult the archives.

I have looked for the archives and can't find where you get to them ( first thing I did FYI) could you be so kind and show me where I can find the Archives!

NRFJR: The main difference in the two posts is the method of lockup used by the two. The piston type pushes the tool holder away from post, therefore only locking up only, on the dove tail. The wedge type locks up by pulling the tool holder back against the post, resulting in a much sturdier setup. When you get the opportunity to observe the two types, you will see what I am referring to. Good luck.

JH

What, no swiss multifix tool posts? I'm a fan. Used on manual and cnc with great rigidity and repeatability. Though a little more care has to be taken to keep clean on the cnc

NRFJR: The main difference in the two posts is the method of lockup used by the two. The piston type pushes the tool holder away from post, therefore only locking up only, on the dove tail. The wedge type locks up by pulling the tool holder back against the post, resulting in a much sturdier setup. When you get the opportunity to observe the two types, you will see what I am referring to. Good luck.

JH

Thank you very much JH, just the info I was looking for!

Back