What's new
What's new

Quick Change Tool Post Pin Replacement (For Huge Cuts) Ft. STANKO Smart Lathe

Stan Canada

Aluminum

So in this video, we replaced a standard tool post with a 40 position quick change tool post and replaced a new thicker pin for bigger cuts.
Step by step process will be shown.

Timestamps
0:00 Intro
1:17 Project Plan
1:45 Quick Change Tool Post
2:26 Tool Post Dismantling
7:30 Tool Post Pin Analysis
8:45 Components Clean Up
9:04 Making A Thicker Pin
16:08 New Pin with New Smart Lathe
16:57 Wholes and Bolts
17:37 New Pin Installation
21:40 Tool Post Assembly
25:00 End Result

Stan Canada
Industrial Machine Tools and Service

All new and used machines are internally and externally checked by our machinist to make sure that we properly deliver the quality of the equipment with its price. We deliver throughout Canada and the United States, shipping times may vary due to the location of borders.

We also specialized in machinery moving and rigging, shop moving, hauling & towing services in the area of Edmonton, Calgary, Nisku, Leduc, Red Deer, or throughout Alberta. If you are outside Alberta, we can also arrange some other sources we have for moving and rigging.

Contact Us
(780) 465-3667
[email protected]
Stan Canada Machine Tools and Services

Please don't.

"Massive cuts" and any kind of quick change toolpost do not go together.....

Operator isn’t wearing safety glasses. Hard for me to see past that, no matter how excellent the information is. Only one marginal step beyond leaving the key in the chuck.

Be safe and stay healthy

Jeremy

Suppose it depends what your taking a cut off, nice hard nimonic or a bar of nylon ( I can take 1” cuts on my old Harrison lol, )
I do like multifix but most of the big beasts we had in work were 1 way or 4 way, and a breaker bar instead of a hand wheel
Mark

Back