What's new
What's new

Quick release through part clamps?

macds

Hot Rolled
I have a series of repeat parts that I fixture on top of cylindrical columns.
The parts are then (currently) held down using a 1/2" bolt through a cap the secure to the columns.

Is there something out there like a small toggle that goes on\off faster than I can run the 1/2" bolts in and out using my impact driver?
The parts are round, and the single centre clamping point needs to be able to hold up to fairly minor OD side milling.

Trying to shave some time.

A "C" washer with existing screw? A "C" washer with a cam clamp (if the arm won't get in the way of the side milling)?

I have a series of repeat parts that I fixture on top of cylindrical columns.
The parts are then (currently) held down using a 1/2" bolt through a cap the secure to the columns.

Is there something out there like a small toggle that goes on\off faster than I can run the 1/2" bolts in and out using my impact driver?
The parts are round, and the single centre clamping point needs to be able to hold up to fairly minor OD side milling.

Trying to shave some time.
YouTube
Wes Johnson strikes again with another great video of the seldom shown art of fixturing :D

Not necessarily the answer here but I want to mention the bessey self adjusting toggle clamps, they automatically adjust for differences in thickness. Very clever. I used for a fixture that has to accommodate 3 different thick parts, they work like magic

Back