What's new
What's new

Quick Vision Locked

Eighthnote74

Plastic
Hello, I have a Mitutoyo Quick Vision Active. I was out with surgery for some time and in my absence the machine was moved. (bad decision). These machines lock themselves out after 168 hours of idle time after being moved. I will not bore you with the design flaws relating to that feature. My question is this. Does anyone know a work-around to unlock this machine? I'm certainly not going to pay a field service tech over $3000 to unlock a used vision machine.(nor can I afford this). Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.........

Hello all, if I have posted this in the wrong place please let me in on that. I know there has to be people out there that have experience with this. Thanks........

My only contribution would be a comparison to an NC machining center we (company I worked for) purchased some time in the 80's. Helical interpolation was an extra cost option we elected not to buy. At the installation, the tech pointed out that there was simply a parameter setting in memory that enabled or disabled the function. He told us what, and recommended that if we fiddled with it, we set it back to original before any other technician serviced it.

This is hardly any help except to say that the lockout is just as simple if you can find the parameters. If you've saved the originals, you might be able to go through the controller and find what changed.

This is hardly any help except to say that the lockout is just as simple if you can find the parameters. If you've saved the originals, you might be able to go through the controller and find what changed.
I do not think this would be just a parameter that changed. Mits got burned big time on "export restriction" so the safeties follow.
How do I know that your new vision system is not going to be moved to a bad actor state?
Three grand is the quoted price tag for a factory rep unlock? That seems very unreasonable.
Bob

Back